IGNORED

Sega CD Model 1 Problems

eddhead

Hey all!!

I just bought a Model 1 Sega CD, and I'm having problems with it.

The problem:

When I hook up a good-working-condition Model 1 Genny to it, I get a black screen- whether or not a cartridge is in the Genny. HOWEVER(!), the Ready and the Access lights light up for about a second, then turn off. This makes me think that there is hope.

Things to note:

I only have one Sega brand AC adapter (which I'm plugging into the Sega CD, I'm using a universal adapter for the Genesis that works just fine when it's not plugged into the Sega CD).

I'm a bit lacking in the "hardcore electrical knowledge" category, but I opened it up and there wasn't anything obviously wrong with it.

I think that's about it... except for

The solution:

But I guess this is where you guys come in.

Thanks in advance!!

*Update*

I took it apart again and starting poking around in there with a multimeter. I found that the F1 fuse next to the ac jack was burned out (after doing some research, it seems like a common problem), so I ordered some of these and we'll see if that fixes the problem.... *crosses fingers*

Well, I cut out the fuse and soldered a piece of wire in, and nothing changed. Except now the lights won't even come on every time I try to power on (it takes anywhere from 4-10 tries). I don't know, I'll go through it again with the multimeter, but it's not looking too good. We might be looking at the next "For Parts" Sega CD on eBay :lol: .