IGNORED

Upside-Down Basketbrawl End Label

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I bought a factory sealed Basketbrawl from ebay and just got it in the mail today. I opened it up because the shrinkwrap had a hole in it anyway and I didn't want the wrap to warp the box. Anyway, I was surprised to find the game cartridge end label applied upside-down. Has anyone else seen this with a Basketbrawl cart or have one like this? I would think someone just applied the label like that themself if I wasn't the one that actually opened up the sealed box. I already had a Basketbrawl cart and manual so was just buying the sealed one to get the box and was going to sell the duplicate. Now I'm thinking of keeping both because it's like an error cartridge.

Here's a picture of the cartridge from the sealed box and the one I already had:

post-4103-0-39011100-1327371473_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can you get a decent scan and or pic of the main label and end label for the 7800 variation list?

It's a factory fuck up not a variation. Plus aside from someones word you have no way of proving it not just a label swap

and the upside down labels exist for pretty much all atari brabd releases (front and end label)

so there is another reason not to give this credit as a valid "variant".

Can you get a decent scan and or pic of the main label and end label for the 7800 variation list?

It's a factory fuck up not a variation. Plus aside from someones word you have no way of proving it not just a label swap

and the upside down labels exist for pretty much all atari brabd releases (front and end label)

so there is another reason not to give this credit as a valid "variant".

I agree, it's not really a variation but more of a factory error. But, I do assure you guys that this cart came out of a factory sealed box. I would never alter a cart to claim it's something it's not. Good point though, anyone could flip the label if they are careful and know what they're doing. I decided to keep both carts because I do like the error although my original plan was to buy the new copy and resell my other cart to get back some of the cash I spent.

I do have an extra Basketbrawl manual though. I don't think that's going to get too much back for me.