IGNORED

Kung-Fu Master oddities

jeremiahjt

As you may know if you read my 7800 Christmas thread I received Kung-Fu Master, along with some other games, for Christmas and have been pleasantly surprised with it. It does have a couple of oddities though. The first is that it came with a Data East NES poster. Now I know the game was licensed from Data East, but it is still weird. The second is that it is the only 7800 game that overheats. After playing for awhile it will freeze up every 30 seconds or so. Last time I played I made it to the fifth floor before it did it to me. I will be able to beat it, at least make it loop, but I will have to be fast.

I was always under the impression that Kung-Fu Master was an Irem game, published by Activision/Absolute to Atari systems, and by Nintendo directly on the NES as just Kung-Fu. I never knew there was a connection to Data East with the game until now. But then again Irem never really published their games directly in the US in arcades. Moon Patrol was imported by Midway, and the R-Type games by Nintendo.