IGNORED

The dirty eBay "Side Deal"

krypton85

I hear both sides of the story on this:

1) Side dealing is a great way to get things cheap

2) Side deals are for scumbags

I was a "side deals are for scumbags" guy for a while, but it dawned on me, it's only scummy because someone else got a great deal and you didn't. So the other day I made a side deal on an R9 for cheap, and It felt good, I mean really good....

Whats your take on side deals?

• Like 2

I hear both sides of the story on this:

1) Side dealing is a great way to get things cheap

2) Side deals are for scumbags

I was a "side deals are for scumbags" guy for a while, but it dawned on me, it's only scummy because someone else got a great deal and you didn't. So the other day I made a side deal on an R9 for cheap, and It felt good, I mean really good....

Whats your take on side deals?

LOL, You Scumbag, Mother efffr!!!

Good for you, what did you get?

My take is and always has been, The seller can say no and let you "bid" on it or take the $ and run. The person left out of the chance to buy a game is always the one who gets upset.

The new TV show Real Deal is similar to this concept.

Is it against Ebay's policy? Absolutely! I think most of us break more important rules on a daily basis.(Rolling stops, Speeding, and many more)

• Like 1

I was pissed when I thought someone side dealed a sewer sam cib for coleco. It was at like $20 on regular auction and I was high bid, then all the sudden it was closed early. I asked wtf. He had mistakenly said "atari" in the listing (I knew it was coleco) I'd assumed he sold it to someone else. He ended up relisting it and I got it for $8 ;)

AX

Cakewalk for $25 shipped :)

That guy was a complete fool. I did not even get an E-Bay notice that it was up for sale. How fast did you side deal him? Was it NTSC? As far as Mcgrailing (side dealing) goes... I am all for it at this point. I say this because I have been screwed over several times by side dealers. If it is NTSC you got the Atari 2600 deal of a lifetime.

Edited by Mxyzptlk
  • Like 1

I don't use eBay just to get items for low prices but I enjoy the auctions. It is kind of like a game to me. When someone side deals something I'm watching and/or bidding on it doesn't feel the same as someone breaking traffic laws. When someone breaks traffic laws people aren't hurt most of the time. When I find something I really want but decide not to bid on it because there is something else I want more and then the thing I'm going for is side dealed I lost the chance to bid on either, my time was wasted, and I don't enjoy it. It is unfair. The only ways to make it fair are people to stop side dealing or I start side dealing. If I have to start side dealing then it is no longer fun. I want a fair competition and side dealing isn't. I don't know if they are scumbags but I don't like it when people side deal.

• Like 1