IGNORED

Working on an A8 Label Variation List! Please Contribute!

krypton85

It would be great if you're willing to share for this project. I just went through flickr images and have a whole ton of unsorted photos to go through tonight. Working on Spinnaker titles at the moment. I see 3-4 cartridge case variations so far, so I'm sure a few more variations on the games will show up.

I have an Atari "Assembler Editor" Cartridge and an Atari "Editor Assembler" cartridge. Not sure why it's reversed?

I would still love to see the two carts you mention here, I've never seen the latter.

I have to dig for mine but another member on AA posted the picture of the cart before, same as mine

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=190676

I have an Atari "Assembler Editor" Cartridge and an Atari "Editor Assembler" cartridge. Not sure why it's reversed?

I would still love to see the two carts you mention here, I've never seen the latter.

I have to dig for mine but another member on AA posted the picture of the cart before, same as mine

http://www.atariage....ttach_id=190676

As was said, not Atari but funny that someone couldn't get it copied correctly.

It would be great if you're willing to share for this project. I just went through flickr images and have a whole ton of unsorted photos to go through tonight. Working on Spinnaker titles at the moment. I see 3-4 cartridge case variations so far, so I'm sure a few more variations on the games will show up.

I will once I ever get off my a$$ and complete it :)

Do a search for this thread "show me your rarest 8bit cartridge!" in this forum. Lots of good stuff there. Particular interest is on page 4 from bob1200xl. Those are some good "variations". also I've seen a brown version of the"In Store Demo" 4019.

Page 3 was of more interest to me. Those OSS carts with the company name in the plastic shell of the cart were new to me :)

On a side note, I'm going to be adding things to the list in order of discovery. I've used Phil's list for 2600 and he adds them by style / copyright date, so if a new one is discovered, it changes the types of the ones below it (from e to f for example) and then you have to re-label all your games to the updated positions.

• 2 weeks later...

I started looking through my carts to see if I can contribute (none so far).

You have a Romox case style (below) that looks to be a home-done (or at least after-production) attempt to get the cart to fit an XE. I've seen carts with similar mods from other makers, some of which are carts that won't even work in an XE when they do fit.

CART1: Open ended back, you can see the PCB (see Ant Eater b)

Added epyx, romox, and O.S.S. I could use some better pics of the O.S.S. titles with orange plastic cases..

Romox was suprisingly tricky..

Fixed the typo there. So you are saying all the cart1 styles that I have listed have all be modified?

I'm not sure I have the authority to make that strong a statement, but the one you picture is not clean enough to be made that way, and I have seen carts that were cut out with much less finesse.

One example I once had was a K-razy shootout that was really hacked open. This cart was not even compatible w/ the XE series, so there was no reason for it to have been sold with a XE-fitting case.

Edit to add that the black cart1 examples you have pictured look to have been made that way, but the white and blue do not.

Edited by labrat

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I am aware that this is a necrobump, but I ran across it and found the label variations list link for krypton85 is dead and is not on the archive.org wayback machine. Looks like a lot of work went into it, so it would be too bad if it was lost. Anyone know if this is available somewhere? Looks like his last post was March 2014. The pitfall jones page is still active and the mr-atari list can be found through the wayback machine.

This list looks pretty good, although it looks like it stopped in 2002:

ftp://pigwa.net/stuff/collections/atari_forever/FAQ/8bit_carts.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I am aware that this is a necrobump, but I ran across it and found the label variations list link for krypton85 is dead and is not on the archive.org wayback machine. Looks like a lot of work went into it, so it would be too bad if it was lost. Anyone know if this is available somewhere? Looks like his last post was March 2014. The pitfall jones page is still active and the mr-atari list can be found through the wayback machine.

This list looks pretty good, although it looks like it stopped in 2002:

ftp://pigwa.net/stuff/collections/atari_forever/FAQ/8bit_carts.htm

Are you look for a cartridge list?

I put this out for production cartridges, I was going to update soon but my laptop hard drive died. I had just a few more to add, but this is the most complete list

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/210745-cartridge-list-for-the-atari-8-bit-computers-400800xlxe-computers/