IGNORED

My Tank Command Dilemma (now resolved)

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I won a CIB Tank Command on 2/13/12, paid for it immediately and was told it shipped on the 14th. I was provided a tracking number but it doesn't show that it was even accepted yet, let alone in transit. Then I see the seller listed another CIB Tank Command with the same picture and same description for $125 Buy It Now. I can totally understand having two of the same game for sale but since mine doesn't show that it's been shipped, I'm getting concerned. The seller has been contacted and I was told that it was shipped on the 14th and even stated that I should have received it by now. What do you guys think?

Auction I Won - eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3804093261431?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=380409326143&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Auction Sold After I Won and Paid - eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1108262549801?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110826254980&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This is the last 7800 title I need to complete my collection and was really excited to have won. I'm just hoping I get it in the mail. Have you ever shipped something with tracking that doesn't even show up "tracked" 5 days later?

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I would be concerned as the other sale has received Posative feedback saying it has been recieved by the winner, Since it is the exact same picture and

exact same auction information saying it was in his closet and only used once along with the fact there is no information or tracking info to speak

This is the sellers fault causing you concern, if he had two there should of been different information in the new auction stating so.

I would also ask the seller for an explanation as why it has been sold twice let him explain himself and if he cannot start the ebay/paypal process to

get my money refunded you can always cancel it if it arrives

Edited by FND

I wouldn't worry just yet; particularly with the "holiday" on Monday, and the way the post office has been lately, I'm thinking you will get it late next week depending on where it's coming from and going to. I've had stuff arrive at my doorstep while still not showing going anywhere via tracking. So I wouldn't be worried just yet, personally.

yeah I was watching the original auction myself. and thought that was a pretty good price for that condition.. Then noticed he put another up?? with same picture too?? I thought he had one of his friends or something up the bid but won? But if you won the auction I guess I would be a hair bit worried?? but maybe a bit too early to jump the gun with anything just yet??

I just got a message from the seller and was told that he entered the delivery confirmation number incorrectly and has corrected it. Now, it does show that the package is on the way and is actually in my town right now. So, I should receive it on Tuesday. I'm still a little concerned about the condition since the same picture was used in both auctions but we'll see. I'll be sure to post an update when I get it and take a pic. If all is well, I will only need 8 boxes to have a complete, CIB 7800 collection. I now have all of the carts and manuals in addition to some variations and error carts. I'm so excited!

I guess I jumped the gun on this one, I was just worried since the tracking wasn't showing up and with the second one being sold for $28 more after I paid for mine.

Do you guys think $97 was a good deal for a CIB Tank Command, too much, or just about right? My snipe was quite a bit higher.

EDIT:

yeah I was watching the original auction myself. and thought that was a pretty good price for that condition.. Then noticed he put another up?? with same picture too?? I thought he had one of his friends or something up the bid but won? But if you won the auction I guess I would be a hair bit worried?? but maybe a bit too early to jump the gun with anything just yet??

The seller actually had the second one as an auction but pulled it and turned it into a Buy It Now. Here is the original, second auction:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3804112173461?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=380411217346&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

For the future so you have peace of mind, SpendTooMuchOnAtari, a seller with 2,341 feedbacks @ 100% positive is extremely unlikely to ever deal you or anyone else wrong. :)

You're right. But, I was also concerned with a postal service error since the tracking number wasn't showing anything. The seller just entered the number in wrong but has fixed it, all good now.

Oh man, look at this tracking history....it is stating "Undeliverable as Addressed". I paid with paypal and it gave the same address as all of the other packages I receive every week. I don't know, looks like it might be going back to the sender.

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

Feb-18-12, 19:06 PM, PHOENIX, AZ 85043

Feb-18-12, 05:13 AM, PHOENIX, AZ 85026

Undeliverable as Addressed

Feb-17-12, 06:43 AM, PHOENIX, AZ 85033

Arrival at Post Office

Feb-17-12, 05:01 AM, PHOENIX, AZ 85031

Feb-16-12, 20:42 PM, PHOENIX, AZ 85043

Depart USPS Sort Facility

Feb-16-12, 00:00 AM, PHOENIX, AZ 85043

Feb-15-12, 18:11 PM, PHOENIX, AZ 85043

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

Feb-14-12, 18:53 PM, SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199

Acceptance

Feb-14-12, 13:25 PM, WEST JORDAN, UT 84088

Feb-14-12, 00:00 AM, SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199

Oh man, look at this tracking history....it is stating "Undeliverable as Addressed". I paid with paypal and it gave the same address as all of the other packages I receive every week. I don't know, looks like it might be going back to the sender.

Feb-18-12, 19:06 PM, PHOENIX, AZ 85043

Feb-18-12, 05:13 AM, PHOENIX, AZ 85026

Undeliverable as Addressed

Feb-17-12, 06:43 AM, PHOENIX, AZ 85033

Arrival at Post Office

Feb-17-12, 05:01 AM, PHOENIX, AZ 85031

Feb-16-12, 20:42 PM, PHOENIX, AZ 85043

Feb-16-12, 00:00 AM, PHOENIX, AZ 85043

Feb-15-12, 18:11 PM, PHOENIX, AZ 85043

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

Feb-14-12, 18:53 PM, SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199

Acceptance

Feb-14-12, 13:25 PM, WEST JORDAN, UT 84088

Feb-14-12, 00:00 AM, SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199

It looks to me like it is going back to the sender. I have had this happen several times. Most of the time it is when it is a hand written label and they put down the wrong zip code or something else with the address. I also have had packages sent to me that were sent back because the sender put on the wrong postage such as paying for Media Mail or Parcel Post but sending in a priority box.

I would contact the seller and let him know what is going on and ask that he resend it when it arrives.

I have contacted the seller to let them know that the package is coming back to them. I called the postal service 800 number this morning and gave them the tracking number....they said that it's going back to the sender but couldn't tell me why. I was surprised that the 800 number is open today since all the post offices are closed but they are. I'm not sure what the problem is but I'm pretty sure that they hand wrote the address incorrectly. I do know that they sent the package via First Class. If they were to have used a paypal label, this probably would have never happened but I understand that everybody doesn't ship through paypal. It is cheaper and a lot easier but to each his own.

Of all the games I've bought from ebay and received with no problems, Tank Command, the last 7800 game I need has to be the one with the problem. GRRRRR! :(

I received the package today! The problem was with the zip code, they had "85033" instead of "85053" but luckily, it made it. I was very grateful that they shipped the game in a box like I requested but they wrote the address on the box with a regular pen that barely showed up and it was "chicken-scratch". The seller said his wife wrote the address.

The game is in pretty good shape and it does work fine but it's certainly not "Like New" like the auction condition stated. The back of the box has a tear on it which I wish would have been noted in the auction. I'm wondering if the person that won the other Tank Command after me had a tear on the box? The front of the box has some light creases which weren't really visible in the picture but then again, I don't know if I actually received the game in the picture since the seller used the same picture for both auctions. Overall, I feel very lucky that the package made it to me and am grateful to the USPS for figuring out the error instead of just sending it back to the sender.

My 7800 cart and manual collection is now officially complete. Only 8 more boxes to go! :party:

Here is the game I received:

post-4103-0-93226400-1329854298_thumb.jpg

post-4103-0-19943600-1329854442_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-84695500-1329854305_thumb.jpg

I still think you got a good deal!! glad all rolled in for ya!! :thumbsup:

Thanks! Yeah, even with the box imperfections, I still think it's worth more than or at least $97. I think I got lucky with the price, sometimes I see ebay sellers asking about that much for cart only.

Most of all, I'm just relieved the package showed up....I already have an anxiety disorder and this package problem was driving me nuts. I think my wife is the happiest so she doesn't have to hear about it anymore. LOL!

Water Ski seems to be popping up quite a bit, I just saw two CIB go for $20 to $25. Then again, a cart only recently went over $50. You just never know.

I'm so glad to get Tank Command out of the way, I thought I would've had to pay a lot more than I did. The next biggest 7800 box challenge for me is probably going to be Rampage. The last CIB Rampage I seen went close to $100.

Water Ski seems to be popping up quite a bit, I just saw two CIB go for $20 to $25. Then again, a cart only recently went over $50. You just never know.

I'm so glad to get Tank Command out of the way, I thought I would've had to pay a lot more than I did. The next biggest 7800 box challenge for me is probably going to be Rampage. The last CIB Rampage I seen went close to $100.

hum??? I know a buddy of mine had a sealed one and was asking $75.00.. I can find out if he still has it! It was a while ago but he tends to hord items so you never know!!

• 1 month later...

Thanks! Yeah, even with the box imperfections, I still think it's worth more than or at least $97. I think I got lucky with the price, sometimes I see ebay sellers asking about that much for cart only.

Yeah, I'm now convinced it was a really good deal regardless of the box imperfections. Here is the next Tank Command that sold on ebay after the one I won, it was cart only and ended two days ago for $100!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3006851602501?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300685160250&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]