IGNORED

Kid Vid Advise

Velocaraptor

Hello fellow retro gamers,

This is my first post on this site. I discovered it when trying to find out about the Kid Vids in my personal collection. I currently own 2 Kid Vid systems that have never been opened. They still have the origional JC Penny price and catalog stickers. I want to sell one of them but I do not know what to sell it for. Can anyone please help me out with a fair price? When I bought them I had never seen a Kid Vid in person let alone in the box.

Photos:

100_2470.jpg

100_2471.jpg

100_2472.jpg

100_2473.jpg

Edited by Velocaraptor

I have looked at the atari2600 site and ebay and they are $165 - $299 opened. I know in the NES/SNES world unopened usually goes for a bit more. I collect/know them better. Pricing new has always been hard lol

In the photos you can see the box has a few minor dings in the corners but all in all they see to be in really good shape for thier age (IMHO)

Edited by Velocaraptor

The boxes are not mint which will hurt the price. If you had only mentioned that you had one and posted a picture of one then you might have been able to get $300-$500 on a good day from the one or two Atari buyers who are willing to pay such a premium for new. Many buyers just want to play with the item so they could care less if it is new or not. Buyers knowing that you have multiples will hurt your sale price. Some buyers will wonder if you have 2 will you have 20.

You could list it on eBay with a high buy it now price or accept offers on here. Another option that you could consider is to start this at 99 cents on eBay for a 10 day listing. If you list it for 10 days you will get plenty of exposure and bids. Atari prices are down from where they once were but tax refund time is a good time to sell an item like this.

Edited by holygrailvideogames.com

I'll buy it from you if you come up with a fair price.

I think he is asking what a fair price might be, Mr. Shawn.

You can get an idea at atari2600.com/priceguide

I know I'm just trying to put my hat in the ring :)

I understood that :P Just messing with you :grin:

I am also interested.