IGNORED

Super Circus Atari Age for Windows Phone :)

PacManPlus

Hi Guys:

I wasn't sure which forum to put this is, because it is 7800 related, but it also would fit under 'Modern Gaming' (I think).

I have ported 'Super Circus AtariAge' (under the name "Balloon Pop!") to Microsoft Windows Phone 7: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/a96a0815-e39c-46b1-acc1-f76d91ffb72b

The game-play mechanics are slightly different than the 7800 version (i.e. no 'bonus life' balloon, and in the later levels there are *two* boss balloons). But it's basically the same.

Thanks to espire8 for the clown, balloon-breaking, and bonus item graphics!

This is my first venture outside of the 7800 Realm.

Thanks,

Bob

• Like 2

Hi Bob

looks great.Too bad,i have no windows phone.We miss you here.Hope to see new great 7800 games,cause without you,there is nothing new here.

greeting Walter

Thanks Walter :) - Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. In fact, I think you'll like my next two projects ;)

Also, Windows Phone has millions of users... If I could get even 1% of that to buy my game :ponder:

If this goes well, I'll be making more games on Windows Phone.

As far as Android, I actually have one of those phones as well. It would be great if there was an SDK for Visual Studio .NET to create Android apps also...

Bob

Cannot wait to hear about the next 2 7800 projects, without you making these games there would be nothing for the past couple of years released for the system. Put me down for all of your games unless I die the paypal money will keep coming, only then I would have to opt out.

Edited by Jinks

Wow, PMP is expanding markets! Good luck with your new venture. I hope it goes well.

Now use the forces of youtube, facebook, etc to promote it !!

An online rank would be a great addition. I don't know if it would be possible, but imagine the game ported to different systems and sharing the same ranking. Even saving name and device used to generate a bit of more competition.

Very Cool Master Phruby! :)

In the meantime, here is the Windows Version of BalloonPop. You will need the XNA Framework 4.0 from Microsoft in order to play this game on Windows XP, Vista, or 7: http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=20914

Enjoy... and if you like it, the Windows Phone version is only .99 :) Someone just told me about something called 'MONO' that lets you develop for other platforms with Visual Studio... I need to look into this, and if it's true I will have versions for other platforms as well.

NOTE: I had to remove the Title Theme (it's the exact same one as the 7800 version) because it made the file too big to include here.

Thanks,

Bob

BalloonPop.zip

As far as development goes, Microsoft really makes it easy to design a game for Windows, Windows Phone, XBox and the Zune since the code base works on all plateforms with some small changes here and there. Microsoft's documentation is amazing. Writing something for Android is just a mess and Apple just can't compare in development tools but I will have to check out Mono and some of the other third party tools that let you port code to Android and iOS.

I'm really enjoying BalloonPop. Thanks for posting it! I'm going to have to finish Phone Rocks and come up with a better name. ;)