IGNORED

Game glitch

oesii

Have any of you guys run into a cart that displays the initial Atari logo but always crashes before the game starts? I was trying to clean up an old Galaga game and did all the usual eraser, a little sandpaper, and alcohol tricks and I got it to start but it always crashes right after the logo.

It's only a Galaga but I was wondering if this is more likely a rom gone bad or some other reasonable explanation. I never have run into a bad 7800 cart so I'm sure I've spent more time with this thing than it's worth ;)

thanks Mitch, I'll probably go with the very dirty explanation, you should have seen the condition I rescued it from ;) I also got a 2600 Omega Race from the same flea market vendor that was more mud than plastic, but it works now :D

Have any of you guys run into a cart that displays the initial Atari logo but always crashes before the game starts?  I was trying to clean up an old Galaga game and did all the usual eraser, a little sandpaper, and alcohol tricks and I got it to start but it always crashes right after the logo.

I had the same problem with a 5200 Space Invaders. I gave up and took it back to the store I bought it at and they gave me a boxed Sea Battle for Intellivision instead.

I had the same problem with a 5200 Space Invaders.  I gave up and took it back to the store I bought it at and they gave me a boxed Sea Battle for Intellivision instead.

that's cool but since I never pay more than $1 for any game at flea markets I usually eat my losses and stay on the vendor's good side :D

you know for when he has a game like Sorceror for $1, but that game is so bad I may have overpaid :P

I had the same problem with a 5200 Space Invaders.  I gave up and took it back to the store I bought it at and they gave me a boxed Sea Battle for Intellivision instead.

that's cool but since I never pay more than $1 for any game at flea markets I usually eat my losses and stay on the vendor's good side :D

I stay on the good side at this place by being their repeat business. I'm in two to three times a week and always eating up their old shit they can't sell to anybody else, so they don't bitch if I bring back a dead cart now and then. (Incidentally I get most for 50 cents, but sometimes less.)