IGNORED

Atari 5200 128-in-1 USB Flash Cartridge

thegamezmaster

Anyone have one of these? What are your thoughts on it as far as ease of use or using it to play Atari 5200 games? Tried searching but no results. Thanks!

The 128 in 1 usb cart is a great product. It works just as you would expect. I have not come across any games that did not run when launched from this cart.

The software on the PC side is easy to use when you want to update the cart.

If I had to complain it would be that the software does not let you just drag a rom in to your list. In other words if you have all your roms in alphabetical order and you want to add a game that starts with "B" you have to make room for it by starting all the way at the bottom and dragging each rom down one spot. Always hated that.

Regardless, the 128 in 1 is a great cart once it is all setup. In fact its a little cleaner than the SD cart is the way that you turn the 5200 on and you games are listed right there. With the SD version you go hunting through sub directories to get to the games. However, the SD cart is so much easier to just add a new game and play. Also the SD cart can fit all the games. With the 128 in 1 you wont be able to fit all the games and hacks on it so that is something to consider also.

• Like 1

Anyone have one of these? What are your thoughts on it as far as ease of use or using it to play Atari 5200 games? Tried searching but no results. Thanks!

The 128 in 1 usb cart is a great product. It works just as you would expect. I have not come across any games that did not run when launched from this cart.

The software on the PC side is easy to use when you want to update the cart.

If I had to complain it would be that the software does not let you just drag a rom in to your list. In other words if you have all your roms in alphabetical order and you want to add a game that starts with "B" you have to make room for it by starting all the way at the bottom and dragging each rom down one spot. Always hated that.

Regardless, the 128 in 1 is a great cart once it is all setup. In fact its a little cleaner than the SD cart is the way that you turn the 5200 on and you games are listed right there. With the SD version you go hunting through sub directories to get to the games. However, the SD cart is so much easier to just add a new game and play. Also the SD cart can fit all the games. With the 128 in 1 you wont be able to fit all the games and hacks on it so that is something to consider also.

/this.

Very easy to use/program. I don't believe Bounty Bob Strikes Back works, but beyond that every game (including 8-bit conversions) works. I see someone is selling one for $50 in the marketplace. That is retarded cheap. I'd grab it if I didn't have one already (and yes I have the SD cart) just to have in my collection. Pretty much 128 games is more than you'll need, I remember being hrd pressed to find that many roms to fill it up tbh.

• Like 1

I don't believe Bounty Bob Strikes Back works,

Thanks Jet. I forgot about BBSB!

While I'm thinking about it, MULE does work in the last two slots. Is that right?

Also, a couple years ago we had flooding rain and my basement started to take in water.

In the panic to get everything upstairs I put my 128 in 1 in a box with a bunch of stuff and the label got a big gash across it.

Of course it works fine, but that label looks ugly.

Wish I could get another label for the cart.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info. Got the one off the market place for $50. Always wanted one and the price is in my budget. Can't wait for it to get here and use since I have to rebuild my 5200 game library and this seemed the best way to go! Thanks to all the replied with info, it helped me a lot! Some one here are very helpful and the best! Thanks again.

I wished the cart would let you "insert" roms into the file list.

Yeah, that really is one of the major nusiances of an otherwise great product. One way to deal with it is to leave some blanks spaces periodically through an alphabetized list. You can then later use those spaces as new prototypes/conversions/homebrews are released.

• 5 weeks later...