IGNORED

NEVER purchase from RetroGamesOnline.Com!!!

Myrmidon

Hi All,

I recently purchased Indy 500 via Ebay.co.uk from these retrogamesonline guys. Upon winning the bid, I attempted to pay when Paypal suddenly required additional documentation for its occassional audit (quite annoying - they should have notified me of this instead of me finding out when I attempt to pay!). Anyway, I immediately notified the 'retrogamesonline' guys and said there was some documentation to be sent to PayPal, and my transaction would take about 5 days to complete due to this (usually I pay between 1-2 hours after winning the bid).

They responded that they were fine with this. I sorted out the paperwork and made the payment as promised a few days later. Then I notified 'retrogamesonline' that I had cleared up the issue, and made the payment. Strangely I got no response from them. A month later, I had also not received Indy500 from them.

Since then I have attempted twice to contact them, but I get no responses. They have stolen my money!!!

Therefore, not knowing what to do (apart from leaving bad feedback at Ebay), I thought that I MUST post this on AtariAge, seeing as this is effectively the 'official' Atari site on the net.

Regards

Olaf

If you do post negative feedback - send MrRetro a URL to this site so he knows all of the Atari world knows his dealings ;)

I'd just like to point out, to avoid current or future confusion, that the above mentioned seller, retrogamesonline, is in no way affiliated with me (MrRetroGamer) or my US based operation, RetroGames-R-Us. The names may be similar, which is why I wanted to clarify this.

Thanks!

Rich

the REAL "MrRetro"! :D

post-41-1043163842_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...

Hi all,

I hope you will allow me to address the issue of this thread as the new owner of the RetroGamesOnline.com domain.

This is my first post at the board since I purchased the aforementioned 'RetroGamesOnline.com' domain name back in May '08 as part of a business acquisition that was not connected to or affiliated with the previous and clearly dodgy outfit.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say hi & also to request the chance to address the issue of this post, condemning the domain and the guys who used to run it (clearly badly) & to distance myself somewhat from the previous owner who was clearly a charlatan!

I couldn't think of any way in which I might address this issue without subsequently ( and probably shamelessly in the eyes of some ) ending up plugging my site - so please don't think this is intentional comment spam and if I do inadvertently cause offence then I apologise beforehand.

Although I cannot comment on previous business dealings by the previous owners of this domain, I can assure you that RetroGamesOnline.com is now 100% SAFE to browse & buy from, although at time of writing I am currently stocking and designing the site, so whilst it is live, it does not have a full complement of Retro Games just yet, but by the time you read this, more stuff will be added and will be on the way, so don't let that discourage you from visiting.

Please be assured that as of December 2008, the domain RetroGamesOnline is now in very safe hands & is being developed to encompass the ever-growing and extremely wide array of Retro titles available on the market.

I look forward to joining you all more regularly on the forums and contributing without overtly advertising.