IGNORED

Red Sea Crossing AtariAge database

nagn2

Some of you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. If for some reason you still don't believe the story, it's probably just best to stay quiet. There are plenty of posts dissing and harassing nagn2, I don't think it helps anyone to make more.

As for the copies the programmer still has, that notion originated with this post:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/113497-help-information-on-red-sea-crossing/page__view__findpost__p__1375736

There is no real answer as to weather or not he actually has any left.

• Like 1

Hmm, what if...

1 - I found an add for a game that is not in the database.

2 - I mock up a cart based on what I can find from the ad.

3 - I wait a while.

4 - I say. "Look what I found!"

5 - I wait a while until others find another copy of the ad and confirm, "Proving" it is real.

I am not saying or suggesting this IS what happened, I am only saying that is is a posibility, and something to watch out for.

Hmm, what if...

3 - I wait a while.

5 - I wait a while until others find another copy of the ad and confirm, "Proving" it is real.

I am not saying or suggesting this IS what happened, I am only saying that is is a posibility, and something to watch out for.

Some may consider you insane? Really though, what does he have to gain? Doesn't his supposed lack of need for the cash and unwillingness to deal with this bullshit more prove that this is the real thing?

Hmm, what if...

3 - I wait a while.

Indeed, just look at what me and TJ pulled for April fools, many years ago. ;) If we were from the dark side, we could have sold that "proto" for big money.

Hmm, what if...

3 - I wait a while.

Indeed, just look at what me and TJ pulled for April fools, many years ago. ;) If we were from the dark side, we could have sold that "proto" for big money.

Burning the River Patrol box was memorable. Did anything happen this year?

Hmm, what if...

3 - I wait a while.

Burning the River Patrol box was memorable. Did anything happen this year?

LOL, I was talking about Turbo (an ad exists with the gameplay and TJ took that and made it real, the real Turbo proto hadn't been found at that time). I don't think anything happened, albeit I am very busy with work and wasn't really even looking at AA on the 1st. If something did, link please. :)

• Like 1

Some may consider you insane? Really though, what does he have to gain? Doesn't his supposed lack of need for the cash and unwillingness to deal with this bullshit more prove that this is the real thing?

1st, I was only making a what it, I thought I stated that clearly. Like CPUWIZ just said, anything is possible as a Joke or for nefarious reasons (I love that word!)

As to what he may have to gain, hmm, THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS!

And "supposed" lack of need for cash? I don't understand what that means, or how it matters. I have seen many people that don't need cash do inappropriate things to get more of it.

I am not saying or suggesting this IS what happened, I am only saying that is is a possibility, and something to watch out for.

A while in this case turned out to be 4 years. While possible, it seems unlikely that someone would wait that long. Especially in light of the alternate explanation that the cartridge is simply real.

By the way, some people wanted nagn2 to confirm with a reputable member of AA, but I don't blame him for not wanting to travel a long way or to send this valuable cart to a stranger (from his perspective).

We're pretty fortunate that the owner of the Air Raid box lived in Austin and could meet up with Albert. I'd hate to see the flak tanman would have received otherwise.

• Like 1

If Red Sea Crossing is a forgery, the forgers went a lot further than you did with Turbo. The fake Turbo was an unplayable kernel with one sound effect and two-screen animation to simulate movement. The only label was a handwritten typed sticker, quite different from the Red Sea Crossing label.

Don't forget that the hypothetical forgers also got a hold of Music Machine, not an easy game to find. That would be a lot of trouble for a slight credibility boost. It is more plausible that real Red sea Crossing and Music Machine carts came from the same collection.

Edited by Zach

Some of you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. If for some reason you still don't believe the story, it's probably just best to stay quiet. There are plenty of posts dissing and harassing nagn2, I don't think it helps anyone to make more.

As for the copies the programmer still has, that notion originated with this post:

http://www.atariage....ost__p__1375736

There is no real answer as to weather or not he actually has any left.

I think very few actually still doubt its legitimacy.

However after years and years of baiting, and thread after thread... many doubt that Nagn is legitimate in his intentions to ever do anything with this cart. - You can see that in the cynicism of all the posts in this thread, people are getting tired of this guy who pops up from time to time to bring some attention to himself. He is not an active member of this community, he does nothing more than talk about this cart, and if it weren't for the cart - nobody would give him the time of day.

Many are just over it. - and he only has himself to blame.

• Like 2

quite different from the Red Sea Crossing label.

I'm not sure what that link was for.

Personally, I also believe that the game was produced and really exists.

And as nofrills100 says, nagn isn't exactly flowing the info out there on this. Tons of questions are not answered by members. He posts something, then you don't hear for months. Now is seems that he wants Al to update his website at his expense, just so he can get more money for it when he sells it. It just seems an odd way of doing it. If I had something like that, I would make arrangements to satisfy the web site owner before asking him to add it to his site.

I am very interested in this as well. I made several phone calls, and many emails trying to track down more information as to what might have been bundled with it in the ad. I personally went to the Carnegie library and found a copy of it as well back when it was first reported. I spoke with someone at the Dale Evans museum trying to track down information on the audio cassettes, with no luck.

The fake Turbo was an unplayable kernel with one sound effect and two-screen animation to simulate movement.

How much did the McDonald's proto sell for again?

The only label was a handwritten sticker, quite different from the Red Sea Crossing label.

A. It was done with a 80's typewriter on a real Coleco bankswitched EPROM board.

B. That cart label looks just as bad as Hozer stuff and I bet you the inside is no different. Hacked up Pac-Man PCB with added inverter.

C. There is no Air Raid box, it was a joke and the game is still from SA. :P

Anyone Try to see if Steve schustack has changed his view on searching for any copies he may still have. Seems Nagn only wants to talk about selling. Maybe Steve has changed his view. We're in a recession now and

and selling some carts for a few thousand may entice him to do some digging now.

I personally wouldn't let the Atariage database hold you back. If you intend to sell via online auction, then your buyer will certainly be a member or a regular here at AA and will definately know about RSC and how rare it is. Even if they are not, they will certainly do a search on the web to see what is known about the cart and they will see the threads here. I actually find that when an item is NOT in the database its better as a selling point. Afterall, you can quote it as SO RARE THAT ITS NOT EVEN IN THE AA DATABASE!! The fact taht it is on Atarimania as a holy grail helps as well as they are the truly rare carts. You don't want your cart in the same basket as relatively common carts like Music Machine, which is what will happen if it is treated as an R10 here.

What I think is of more importance is that you have an "expert" verify the legitimacy of your cart. Without that confirmation, the heavy spenders may be really cautious in bidding big on a cart that may turn out to be a fake. Once the cart is confirmed as original, you can then set up another thread where you get the expert to confirm its legitimacy and link that thread to your auction. Don't link any of the existing RSC threads as you come across as a tool in each of those threads and prospective buyers may be weary of dealing with you.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

On one hand, I believe it exists because ROMHunter says it does. On the other hand, I don't believe it exists and is real until CPUWiz says it is. I like to see the hardware teardown and an analysis of a dump. Pix and screens won't do it for me.

I vote no on Proposition R.

The behavior of the owner is more like a scammer bs'er than a person who has something everyone covets. No offense to the 'owner', it's just a comparison to others. Even if it is real, the behavior isn't typical of the folks that show up here with legit unique stuff.

• Like 2

Couldn't have said it better.

I think all and more has been said about this cart now.

It's up to Nagn2 what he wants to do with it.

8)

Perhaps he should just throw the thing into a landfill dump and in a few years there could be another urban myth much in the same vein as ET. At least that way some one could still dig it up and at last verify if it was ever real or not ;)