IGNORED

How to tell if a cart is NTSC without opening?

phuzzed

Prety much the topic title says it all... Is there any way to tell if a cart is the NTSC version without opening the box? Specifically, Alien Brigade. I've seen this title surface on auction sites, sealed, and they say it's NTSC, but how do you know for sure?

Any help would be appreciated.

Occasional the PAL copies will have a French instruction manual shrink-wrapped to the back of the box. Not always though.

Also, many NTSC boxes have a yellow NEW sticker in the bottom right corner of the box, I don't think I have ever seen one on a PAL boxed copy but I could be wrong.

Mitch

For that reason... I may not keep it sealed. I may crack it open :)

I'm mainly asking for curiousity sakes. You can buy a PAL version a heck of a lot cheaper than a NTSC version. I don't want to get ripped off.

If you plan on keeping it shrinkwrapped, just buy a PAL copy and buy a loose NTSC copy to play

I understand everybody saying "Buy a PAL copy and keep it sealed in the box". The biggest concern I have is buying a NTSC copy, and finding out it's actually a PAL copy. I see PAL games for a lot cheaper than the NTSC counterparts.

Thanks for everyone's reply.

I'm assuming you're talking about buying a game on ebay where (1) the seller doesn't have an idea what they're talking about or (2) you may flat out get lied to.

I guess the simplist answer is to try to buy the game from someone here at AA - where they're honest and know what the hell they're talking about.

• Like 1

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

I've posted in the marketplace forums before about this game. Nobody had it for sale :(

But, if one of you have it for sale, I"m interested. It doesn't need to be shrinkwrapped in box. But, I would like it complete in box, with instructions.

I thought the PAL Alien Brigades had the "NEW" sticker on them, and the US version didn't? Or is it the other way around? Anyway.. I bought one of these on eBay about two years ago without doing my research, then asked here and found it was PAL. Pretty sure it was one with the "NEW" sticker on it.

*edit: from what I can see via eBay it's the other way around--non-sticker is PAL, stickered is NTSC. At least that's just going by what's listed right now, and what the scan shows in the rarity database.

Edited by Austin

• 2 weeks later...

Geez!!, you would think they would've printed "NTSC" or "PAL" at the bottom of the boxes somewhere, like it would cost extra millions more just to print 3 or 4 tiny letters :roll: .It's important to know what the damn thing is for buying or especially if selling without breaking the box open! :ponder: