IGNORED

What's this kiosk worth?

vintagegamecrazy

I found this on Craigslist and it has my interest. The seller never got it hooked up and working and doesn't know how to. I'd maybe buy it and refurbish it and keep it or even possibly resell it. I'm gonna check on whether he has the front cover or not. The problem is that it's about 60-65 miles from me and my van that could haul it gets poor mileage so I'd have to take that into consideration. What would be a guess on what to offer him, what is this worth in its prime condition?

I'm emailing him for more details.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/vgm/2946557308.html

I wonder if those sticks are self centering,the kiosk is cool as far as a historic piece,but trying to play the games on that thing would get real old fast,the monitor is probably terrable if it works at all.The controls are off to the side and not centered in front of the monitor.Why is it in pieces ,must be broke.I think you can only have one game at a time,meaning you have to open cabinet and change cartridge.

I wonder if those sticks are self centering,the kiosk is cool as far as a historic piece,but trying to play the games on that thing would get real old fast,the monitor is probably terrable if it works at all.The controls are off to the side and not centered in front of the monitor.Why is it in pieces ,must be broke.I think you can only have one game at a time,meaning you have to open cabinet and change cartridge.

Get your hands on the 5200 Ultimate SD Cartridge and wouldn't need to change cartridge! :P It would be fun to see thing up and working! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Assuming he has the front, it's worth at least $500-$1000 based on the few I have seen sold. It looks to be in really clean shape. By the way, in doing a quick Google search, it looks like this guy was trying to sell the same unit two years ago, at least according to posts on KLOV. Maybe he wanted too much or changed his mind.

Edited by bojay1997

Considering your gas mileage, and the fact that this guy may not know what he has, I would start out low on a bid, maybe $150. One thing that would factor into my bid would be whether or not he has the original marquee plate and lower front cover. Without those, the value definitely goes down.

For purposes of preservation, it would be really cool to see this restored to its original glory.

Edited by sqoon

Thanks for the replies, he's supposed to get back to me on whether he has everything and the marquee for it. I thought the $150 price point would be a good starting point too. If I do buy it I want to have room for profit if I resell it so I don't want to touch the $500 price point, I'll pass on it then. I also own a multicart so changing the games out isn't a problem