IGNORED

Sega Teradrive

high voltage

I've never heard of that thing before, and I'm a Sega-phile.

I WANT IT

Man I love that Windows 3.1 splash screen. I can still smell my first computer when I see that... time to load up DOSBox...

Edited by Torr

Damn, that is really cool! Does it play all regioned carts? How's the output?

It plays all Japanese carts, and also most PAL and US carts. It doesn't play the ones with regional lockout, I think the lockout came after the TeraDrive.

Here's some more pics:

Teradrivepic2.jpg

teradrivepic3.jpg

Edited by high voltage

I remember wanting to get one of these back in the day, but didn't after finding out it only had a 386 (or was it an even older 286?) processor. If they packaged this with the more standard 486 series of processors, I believe it would have been a lot more successful.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 3DO Blaster card is ISA-only, right? That's kind of a bummer... it'd be nice to have a modern day PC capable of running its software natively. I've not spent much time with 3DO emulation and don't know if it's fast and accurate enough to do the system justice.

The 3DO Blaster card is ISA-only, right? That's kind of a bummer... it'd be nice to have a modern day PC capable of running its software natively. I've not spent much time with 3DO emulation and don't know if it's fast and accurate enough to do the system justice.

ISA and tied into a Creative Labs CD-ROM drive (CR-563). Bummer.

I got 3DO Blaster and the 563, wonder if I could bang the card in there (top of Teradrive left open then):

megadrivepc1.jpg

and

3DOBlasterISAcard.jpg

and

CreativeCR-563CDROM.jpg