IGNORED

CX22 vs CX80 trak balls

SS

I know that this was addressed before but I can't seem to find the thread...

Anyway, I just got what looks to be a CX80 and it does not work correctly with Thomas's "Missile Command CX80" hack. Plays fine with the CX22 hack, though. It was a boxed international edition with the triangle-shaped buttons and the manual definitely says "CX80" but still ... thhpht on the CX80 hack. Any ideas? Or at least, anyone else know where to find the old thread? Thanks.

I know that this was addressed before but I can't seem to find the thread...

Anyway, I just got what looks to be a CX80 and it does not work correctly with Thomas's "Missile Command CX80" hack.  Plays fine with the CX22 hack, though.  It was a boxed international edition with the triangle-shaped buttons and the manual definitely says "CX80" but still ... thhpht on the CX80 hack.  Any ideas?  Or at least, anyone else know where to find the old thread?  Thanks.

I remember this being mentioned before as well. I seem to remember that there were two versions of the CX80. One that was the same as the CX22 trackball and the other was the same as the Atari ST mouse.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

This is apparently a problem with early cx80's (apparently)...and it doesn't sound like there is a workaround other than using the games made for cx22. BTW the search function on this site found 8 threads with this subject (including this one)...simply type cx80 cx22 in the search field.

The actual difference is that while the cx80's were being manufactured, Atari decided that it would be a good idea to add ST mouse compatability. The remainder of the run (which seems to be the majority of them) had a couple of points jumpered. Scott had some pics of both boards in one of those threads, but they are no longer up. Might help identify the board you have.

@Scott Stilphen

Could you post those as attachments?