IGNORED

Batari mod questions on bent TIA pins

flammingcowz

So I'm ordering a Batari video mod, and was looking at the instructions listed at:

http://electronicsentimentalities.com/2600InstallationInstructions.html

And to compare, the instructions for Longhorn Engineer's at:

http://longhornengineer.com/diy/atarivideomods/

And I have noticed a few differences.

On The first site, it only specifies a "six switch" atari instead of a heavy sixer(which is what i'm modding). Longhorn's lists different instructions for each.

For example, on Longhorn's light sixer guide you lift 4 pins on the TIA, and on his heavy sixer guide you only lift 2 pins. On the Batari instructions, it has you lift all 4 regardless. Which one is right for the Batari mod for me?

Another difference is that on Longhorn's it tells you to cut 1 resistor below the TIA in addition to 2 things above the TIA. The Batari instructions tell you "two components need to be removed from the circuit board on 6 switch and jr systems." and in the pictures only show 2 things to remove. In the next picture however, it shows that the resistor below the TIA is removed also. So does this extra resistor need to be removed?

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to mess up a perfectly good heavy sixer.

So does this extra resistor need to be removed?

No, it doesn't. If you lift pins 6 and 9 you do not have to remove the resistor below the TIA. You need not remove the other components as well. The only reason for removing the components on the board is to disconnect pins 6 and 9 from the rest of the circuit on the Atari. The audio pins 12 and 13 need to be lifted as well.