IGNORED

Fried 600XL?

mikeftrevino

I just got a 600 XL at a thrift store for 3.50 (US). When I turn it on I get a picture that is reminiscent of the old Cable blocks with the wavey screen, and a buzzing sound. Is this fixable or am I screwed. (out of 3.50? no biggie.)

BTW I think the previous owner was a big Pot head. the whole thing smells like the inside of a pot pipe. (maybe they used it as a bong? "Hey that's a water pipe mister.")

I have the smae problem on my g/f's tv when I tried to use a 600xl and a 130xl... I tried the switchbox, and the auxilary channels... and the rca on her vcr... still showed up like the h-hold was off and the screen was skewed... both systems work fine on my commie 1702... so odds are you aren't out 3.50 (for a 600xl you lucky bastard can't find any comps here... just 2600's) I don't know how to remedy this problem...

I've done both the switchbox and the adapter... in fact I even tried the switchbox and the adapter at the same time.. problem was still there... adn I didn't notice a difference betweet that problem there and the way it showed up when I used the RCA jacks on the VCR.... what is the difference between those jacks and the jacks on the front of say my Commie 1702? and technical links you could provide? I am very interested in the atari video outputs...