IGNORED

Together Again

ckirkman

Well it has taken a while and about 1200 miles to get these two together again. I have not seen these in person together since 1982 at the Toys R Us. The collection is almost complete, I just need some boxes, a starcon controller and maybe a copy of that Muppets Go Round Proto type. Happy 30th Anniversary Atari 5200!

post-8896-0-33267200-1337384299_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

That looks gorgeous, especially when it's lit up in the dark as in your avatar! Whatever else anyone says about the 5200, there's no denying that it had style.

I'm thinking about a design for a unified 2600/5200/7800/Jaguar entertainment center, complete with retail-style display shelving for boxed games and accessories, and I'm definitely going to take some cues from this!

• Like 1

I observe at least 1 clue that this picture couldn't have been taken in the 1980's ... :ponder:

Adventure 2, Multicart, and some conversions which I can't make out exactly. And what's up with the money on the floor. I wish I had money like that to just leave around. :)

Nice cabinets. I am really jealous. Do you have the poster that came on the side of the cabinet? I've been trying to hunt that one down with no luck. All I got was the standee.

Allan

Edited by Allan

Both posters are on the sides. I think the cabinet is missing two shelves. I installed new cam locks and kept the old ones (one maybe the original, the other looks like a replacement). Some kid on You tube has two of these cabinets. I tried to get him to sell one, but no luck. For now, I guess there are only three left. It would be nice to see if any other AA members have a 5200 cabinet.