IGNORED

Persuing Production of a 2600 Gaming Center

keoghjacob

I've got some rough sketches and skematics of a design that I've been thinking of building for quite a while.

A 2600 gaming centre. It's kind of be like a bartop arcade machine, except implimenting a REAL arcade joystick, a compatible paddle and driving controller device w/ buttons, along with drop-in modules for other controllers. The 2600 system would slide in through a side flap and be hooked up to built-in connections (compatible power supply, ex) via a door behind the center.

How do you think persuing the design and building one sounds?

I want your input.

Thanks,

Jacob Keogh

It is designed around having a cartrige insert at the front of the unit, so It would be compatible with harmony, and with normal cartridges.

It will be centered around 1 player gameplay with a plug on the side for an external controller for 2 player. The drop in modules would be a square enclosure containing the controller with the cord coiled up inside the enclosure with the plug on the bottom so you can insert the enclosure into a port on the controller area. The "telivision" in this design is currently a computer monitor.

Tell me what you think I should improve upon!

Edited by keoghjacob
  • Like 1