IGNORED

Orginal Atari CX-10 HEAVY SIXER Joystick

80s_gamer

I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks so I'm trying to sell some things to fund the trip.

This is a very nice original CX-10. I've played with it and it's amazing! It even looks brand new! Last ones sold on ebay for $50+.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2007776658271?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200777665827&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Check out my other auctions for complete sytems, some with games:

eBay Seller: strosfan741?ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Ok, so "holy grail" is a relative term. It all depends on how you look at things; all people look at things from a different perspective and have differing opinions or views about someone, something, etc. I used it to describe the fact this is indeed a highly desirable Atari brand joystick. Lots of people prefer to play their games with this joystick because of the response and control. And for others it's a must-have to complete their "heavy sixer" set. I wouldn't say that it's rare (and I didn't), but I would say it's scarce with only 3 current listings for controllers only in the U.S...all missing the hex discs, might I add. I don't feel like the opening bid is an unfair price for what you're getting.

Ok, so "holy grail" is a relative term. It all depends on how you look at things; all people look at things from a different perspective and have differing opinions or views about someone, something, etc. I used it to describe the fact this is indeed a highly desirable Atari brand joystick. Lots of people prefer to play their games with this joystick because of the response and control. And for others it's a must-have to complete their "heavy sixer" set. I wouldn't say that it's rare (and I didn't), but I would say it's scarce with only 3 current listings for controllers only in the U.S...all missing the hex discs, might I add. I don't feel like the opening bid is an unfair price for what you're getting.

You are correct that we all see things differently. I'm not a completist or a CIB collector. I collect to play, and because I enjoy refurbishing. I've managed to get my CX-10s, almost on accident, simply by buying random 2600 consoles (with games) on eBay for near the price you're asking for a single joystick. I guess I just got lucky.

I'm not trying to insult you. But you did put your auction up for us to see. You should expect feedback, positive or negative, and hopefully use the feedback to tailor your sales.

Oh, and just so we're on the same page ... Your pricing isn't unfair at all, especially if you get a bite. :)

Edited by SlowCoder

• 8 months later...

Bling! Damn. I only have $1,199,999 in my wallet! Damn ... damn damn!

Well, there's always gold spray paint, craft glue, and cheap plastic rhind stones if you prefer. Stick a belt buckle kit to the bottom of your joystick (like what they use for NES belt buckles), and show off your sense of bling!!! Edited by stardust4ever