IGNORED

Line Runner final version and a little surprise :)

nosty

Thanks. I'm sorry. I have one 1200XL NTSC and I tested the game of course. But I never thinked that something can be wrong after a few minutes into playing... O_o

I'll try to debug it but it can be hard.

Any chance there is (simply) one or two scanlines too much used? I had a slight problem when I popped into MyIDE config menu and back to game. That usually only happens when there are too many scanlines used, so perhaps that is the issue here too?

Wow! 41 orders in 1 day! I'm really surprised O.o

I'm not.

Just a confirmation that 1000 interlaced colors, manipulated stereo wave tables and 14 multiplexed sprites will never beat game play.

Another factor is that it's everything but expensive. I have no idea how it's possible one can make a complete packaged product for that price.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It is a fabulous game, with a superb song. I think the music is really a great add to the experience!

One strange thin: I really suffer from nausea when I play this game too long; anyone else got this? I might try to switch off the background scrolling. I also have this problem with River Rescue.

I find that if you look too closely at the squares that you're approaching then that'll make me feel a bit sick. I try to sort of gaze at the screen, not looking at the detail in ... well, ... too much detail.

@Stephen, how did you find out that it has been shipped? I'm waiting for mine. I checked on Paypal but that tells you nothing. Did you ask Nosty direct?

Copied the xex to a MYPICODOS disk and launched it from there on the Indus GT disk drive.

Same thing happened only a few minutes into playing.

Thanks. I'm sorry. I have one 1200XL NTSC and I tested the game of course. But I never thinked that something can be wrong after a few minutes into playing... O_o

I'll try to debug it but it can be hard.

Hi. Was this ever worked out? I just tested on both my USA 130XE and 65XE. They both have the same problem. Graphic glitches that can lead to undesired play, like the player falling through the floor over and over, or just a straight out lock up.

It does not happen with the music off. I was just playing for a while with the music on and the glitches seem directly related to the "Thunder" sound effect that plays with the music as part of the song...

Emulators (Altira and Atari800win) works good. But if you can compare fast horisontal scroll in this game on emulator+LDC and real Atari+CRT you'll see difference clearly. On real Atari road's scrolling is smooth and squares looks sharp. On emulator on LCD you can see that the squares are blurry and a scrolling looks not smooth.

In practice: the level that seems very hard on emulator, is notably easier on real Atari.

Yes this is much easier on real hardware..

Postman delievered mine today

Thank you!

rdea6

I received mine today. I am usually not one for leaving stuff sealed, but in this case, I decided not to open it. I am however playing the XEX on my real machine. What an awesomely addictive (and difficult) game. I did get the odd display bug when playing with the music on. ESCaping back to the menu and restarting fixed it. Not a big deal - I could continue to play.

• 7 years later...