IGNORED

Will 5200 console work on uk/pal tv's?

gooner73

my tv does, so it should be ok?

The 5200 doesn't use the same power adapter as the 2600 so you'll need to find a suitable replacement for it or use a mains voltage converter.

again, thankyou!

i have a stepdown convertor, so as long as use that with 5200 power supply it will be fine.

time to start looking for one!

again, thankyou!

No probs!

i have a stepdown convertor, so as long as use that with 5200 power supply it will be fine.

With a converter and a suitable TV you should be good to go.

time to start looking for one!

They do come up on ebay.co.uk maybe a couple of times a year and thus tend to go for mega money. Your best bet is to put an ad in the wanted section in the AA marketplace stating what you are after and that the seller must ship to the UK.

• Like 1

There's a difference between a TV supporting NTSC and supporting it through RF. A lot of TVs will display a NTSC image when using composite or SCART cable. Very few will however pick up an NTSC image from RF. So you most likely have to modify the console to output composite or S-video.

• Like 1

There's a difference between a TV supporting NTSC and supporting it through RF. A lot of TVs will display a NTSC image when using composite or SCART cable. Very few will however pick up an NTSC image from RF. So you most likely have to modify the console to output composite or S-video.

thankyou, there seems to be plenty of mod boards available on ebay and i can get someone to do it for me. :)

• 1 year later...