IGNORED

Picked up these Cart's for $2.00 each yesterday

SILKIE

That's impressive to me. Can't tell you how many years it's been since I've seen any Atari stuff anywhere.

I can walk into my local Exchange shops (new/used music and used video games) and find piles of NES games, but not a single Atari item.

I can walk into my local Exchange shops (new/used music and used video games) and find piles of NES games, but not a single Atari item.

Exchange employees told me they don't have shelf-room for Atari games anymore. Yet they now are carrying M&M's candy dispensers, lunch boxes, and have like 50 copies of "Rocky Balboa" on the shelves at $5.00 each. They have so much stuff in every store that its often piled in hard-to-spot places, often reaching up to the celiing or behind the checkout counter. Yet no Atari stuff. Pthhhhhhtb!

I bought out the only Atari 5200 stuff that Monroeville Exchange had, last summer. I was also surprised to see it - a bunch of carts in a plastic bag averaging $2 per cart. There were several games I didn't own, too.

Southside Groovy has Atari (and other 80's game stuff). And White Oak "Game Again" on intersection of 48 & Lincoln Highway plaza actually has lots of Atari (and 16-bit) stuff, last I saw. I bought boxed copies of stuff like DKjr 7800 there recently, not too expensive either. I'm not sure of anywhere else. The Flea Marts have all gone away.

Yeah, "no room for Atari" just doesn't fly.

Funny, I was in that Monroeville store for the first time not long ago. I saw they were trying to get $75 for a 7800!

I hadn't been there before because I didn't live in that area. Now I'm not far away, in Plum, but I'm still getting used to being near Monroeville.

Exchange employees told me they don't have shelf-room for Atari games anymore. Yet they now are carrying M&M's candy dispensers, lunch boxes, and have like 50 copies of "Rocky Balboa" on the shelves at $5.00 each. They have so much stuff in every store that its often piled in hard-to-spot places, often reaching up to the celiing or behind the checkout counter. Yet no Atari stuff. Pthhhhhhtb!

I bought out the only Atari 5200 stuff that Monroeville Exchange had, last summer. I was also surprised to see it - a bunch of carts in a plastic bag averaging $2 per cart. There were several games I didn't own, too.

Southside Groovy has Atari (and other 80's game stuff). And White Oak "Game Again" on intersection of 48 & Lincoln Highway plaza actually has lots of Atari (and 16-bit) stuff, last I saw. I bought boxed copies of stuff like DKjr 7800 there recently, not too expensive either. I'm not sure of anywhere else. The Flea Marts have all gone away.

To add to this, there is also a Game Again in Cranberry Township, which might be closer than the one in White Oak depending on where you are. Not sure how the selection compares, but mostly 2600 games. Another place to consider is Cash in Culture. Google to see if there is one near you. Decent selection at times, but they can be a bit over priced.

I must hit Groovy at the wrong times. Never seem to have much, but they told be there inventory comes and goes.

Having said all of that, the Exchange in Ross Township near the Ross Park Mall had a few loose 2600 commons and a boxed Odyssey 2.

Flea marts are a waste of time around here as are the thrifts. Occasionally, there might be an outdoor vendor at Trader Jack's, but that is hit or miss. There is permeant vendor there. A few years ago, he had a lot of stuff. That is where I got my heavy sixer. His stock has really dwindled though.

Edited by cybercylon

To add to this, there is also a Game Again in Cranberry Township, which might be closer than the one in White Oak depending on where you are. Not sure how the selection compares, but mostly 2600 games. Another place to consider is Cash in Culture. Google to see if there is one near you. Decent selection at times, but they can be a bit over priced.

I must hit Groovy at the wrong times. Never seem to have much, but they told be there inventory comes and goes.

Having said all of that, the Exchange in Ross Township near the Ross Park Mall had a few loose 2600 commons and a boxed Odyssey 2.

Flea marts are a waste of time around here as are the thrifts. Occasionally, there might be an outdoor vendor at Trader Jack's, but that is hit or miss. There is permeant vendor there. A few years ago, he had a lot of stuff. That is where I got my heavy sixer. His stock has really dwindled though.

Thanks for mentioning Game Again. I don't often get to Cranberry Twp anymore, but happened to be up there today when I checked my email on my phone and saw your post. I was about a mile away and wouldn't have known it was there otherwise! Unfortunately it's closed on Sunday - I'll have to check it out another day.

As for Cash in Culture... seems they have a couple stores in my general area. But I see online they want $23 for a 2600 joystick! Yikes!

The days of Atari stuff being quite cheap might be over, thanks to Epay. Cash in Culture's prices are above average for many things, unless they determine something is 'rare', at which point the game in question usually gets moved into the back case and price becomes ridiculous. Similar with 'rare' vs 'common' games at Exchange.

Concerning Groovy on Carson St, it is indeed hit-and-miss shopping. Usually they have a bunch of 2600 carts on display just a few steps into the store, on the right. But for other systems, it varies. Personally, that is where I bought my Sega Master System and many games, as well as my 7800. I snagged a few hard-to-find Genesis games there too from constant checking - (Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, for example). Come to think of it, I got a great deal on Intellivision boxed system , voice module, and a bunch of games too!

The days of Atari stuff being quite cheap might be over, thanks to Epay. Cash in Culture's prices are above average for many things, unless they determine something is 'rare', at which point the game in question usually gets moved into the back case and price becomes ridiculous. Similar with 'rare' vs 'common' games at Exchange.

Concerning Groovy on Carson St, it is indeed hit-and-miss shopping. Usually they have a bunch of 2600 carts on display just a few steps into the store, on the right. But for other systems, it varies. Personally, that is where I bought my Sega Master System and many games, as well as my 7800. I snagged a few hard-to-find Genesis games there too from constant checking - (Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, for example). Come to think of it, I got a great deal on Intellivision boxed system , voice module, and a bunch of games too!

Yes... it is a real pain to get there (Groovy). Having that Game Again 8 minutes from my house is bad enough though. I should point out that while there are some 2600, intellivision, and 7800 games there, that store's emphasis is more on NES, SNES, and Genesis. The one in White Oak may be different. Some one bought the 5200 and colecovision games they had at the time. Wonder who that was...

The Exchange is a weird beast, and their prices can fluctuate. I asked about this once, and it has to do with their overall stock. If a they have a bunch in stock, even if it is rare, the price goes down, so it pays to be patient. One thing I have found the Exchange to be useful for is more recent games... they sometimes have a sealed copies of games that are a bit older for a cheaper price than the used price at Game Stop.

Good warning to the poster about Cash in Culture. They can jack up prices. One thing I can say about their systems is that they are cleaned and tested.... unlike the filth covered things you find at fleas or Game Stop. Game Again is pretty good about that though.

Now that I think of it... there is one other hole in the wall place in Etna once you get off of route 28. Can't remember the name.