IGNORED

eBay Auction - Vidco Copy Cart 2600

5200Fanatic

People are probably reluctant to bid since, "It's a 1983 vintage video game item, so it probably does not work..."

Got to be honest in the auction. The odds of it working aren't very good -- I suppose I could test it, but its been sitting for years and years. How could it possibly work after all this time?

Folks usually wait until the last minute (seconds, really!) to snipe, so I wouldn't worry . . . people won't tip their hands until the last possible moment ;)

Cool item, by the way - - good luck on the auction!

-a2a

Thanks -- I found it years ago at a garage sale. It actually had a piece of cellophane on it which has since fallen off.

How could it possibly work? The same way all three of my Coleco ADAMs and ColecoVisions, my Atari 800xl and 130xe, my NES...etc. from that same time frame and all their accessories still work. If it's been taken care of, the chances are greater that it works than it doesn't.

People are probably reluctant to bid since, "It's a 1983 vintage video game item, so it probably does not work..."

Got to be honest in the auction. The odds of it working aren't very good -- I suppose I could test it, but its been sitting for years and years. How could it possibly work after all this time?

Too funny -- I think it's quite a stretch to think that flash memory from 30 years ago will work when you can buy a brand new SSD now and have problems.

How could it possibly work? The same way all three of my Coleco ADAMs and ColecoVisions, my Atari 800xl and 130xe, my NES...etc. from that same time frame and all their accessories still work. If it's been taken care of, the chances are greater that it works than it doesn't.

Edited by 5200Fanatic

Well, I'm just saying...it would probably sell a lot quicker and for a higher price if it was known to work...if not, you are no worse off than you are now...unless it's sealed then maybe someone would be willing to take a chance.

There was a piece of unknown Coleco hardware on eBay about a year ago...no one even knew what it was or what it did (and I still don't think anyone has figured it out)...it finally sold for some obscene price -- well over $1000 -- and there was quite a bidding war the last minute of the auction.

Too funny -- I think it's quite a stretch to think that flash memory from 30 years ago will work when you can buy a brand new SSD now and have problems.

I am simply shocked that nobody hit the BIN. Regardless of what the auction says. This set is super rare.

And there is no flash memory involved. :ponder:

Is it worth super rare money in non-working order? Not trying to be sarcastic...but you know the adage on Ebay...not tested=not working.

• Like 2

Ok, so I pulled the re-listed auction to test it out at the urging of people here - it has been tested and it does work. How about that!

Now, there's a caveat with that. When I tried to copy other brand carts, the cart wouldn't fit into the Copy Cart slot. I couldn't figure out why until I saw that there is a shelf inside the Copy Cart slot that acts like those tabs in Super Nintendo's for region blocking. The shelf catches the back side of the cart and doesn't allow the cart's contacts to reach the Copy Cart's contacts. Basically the cart doesn't go all the way in. The Dishaster Cart has that plastic removed from it's back so it can slide in and not catch the shelf. Interesting huh?

So I rummaged through carts to find some without a back, and a couple of old carts -- Space Jockey and Towering Inferno had a back that appeared to have a tab almost ready to snap off. So snapped off the piece of plastic on the back of each and tried those, and it worked. Very cool! So, I think I'll re-list but post pictures of the carts working.

• Like 1

I also put up Death Trap -- nice shape, in box - at what look like a more reasonable price than some of the other auctions

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2710182158561?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=271018215856&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Lol! Could you allow Canadian bidding on this one two? The INTV2 auction worked fine, this one wouldn't let me bid.

I also put up Death Trap -- nice shape, in box - at what look like a more reasonable price than some of the other auctions

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2710182158561?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=271018215856&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Lol! Could you allow Canadian bidding on this one two? The INTV2 auction worked fine, this one wouldn't let me bid.

It won't let me in to change that - sorry. I'm not a professional seller, just trying to regain some closet space. ;)