IGNORED

Anyone have a spare million lying around?

goldenegg

I don't get it.

The only people who value outdated crap (regardless of it's condition) are collectors.

But a collector probably already has some of the stuff he's offering...and so don't need the "one time purchase to become an instant completionist"-angle (pardon my French).

Reminds me of the guy who had a entire 53' trailer of ET junk for sale.

Just an update, Adol (the owner of the collection) just posted on Nintendoage that the bidder has not paid and he doesn't think he will. As such, this is just a giant non-story that the media is reporting without doing any real research.

CBC news is reporting that it sold to a Canadian:

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...collection.html

Edited by bojay1997

So what does everyone think this collection's realistic value is? My best educated guess is he could get $5000 USD

It's probably worth closer to $15,000-$20,000. At that price, you could open up a gaming store and sell the rarer games online. It probably even includes Stadium Events (NES). The PAL European version is still kind of rare but not as rare as the NTSC version.

I think that's way low. There are roughly 7000 complete games in the collection. The average value is probably $20 each and there is probably a premium for the fact that there is some rare stuff that doesn't come up often and at least a portion of stuff in the $100+ range per game. I think it's probably worth closer to $150K as a lot and probably $250K - $300K if sold separately or at least in individual collections and assuming everything really is mint complete or sealed mint. I mean even dirt common Famicom games in mint complete condition don't sell for a buck or two each. They are a minimum of $5-$10 depending on the title and many Famicom games aren't dirt common. He also has a complete set of NEC games on all of their platforms sealed. There are still many of those that go in the hundreds of dollars and up as there is still a very active collectors market in Japan for them.

So what does everyone think this collection's realistic value is? My best educated guess is he could get $5000 USD

It's probably worth closer to $15,000-$20,000. At that price, you could open up a gaming store and sell the rarer games online. It probably even includes Stadium Events (NES). The PAL European version is still kind of rare but not as rare as the NTSC version.

Edited by bojay1997