IGNORED

FA: Atari 800 CTIA and Sealed K-Tek Games

boxpressed

I finally put the Atari 800 with CTIA up for auction on eBay. My last thread on this topic took a weird turn and was locked, but this one is just meant to let you all know about the auction.

I have no idea what it is worth given its unusual nature, so I'm aiming higher than what a GTIA model would bring. I'll drop the price if it doesn't sell, and, if nothing else, at least we'll know what a CTIA model is worth.

I'll also be listing some sealed K-Tek games over the coming days. Here's the first:

Thanks. To be honest, I won't be terribly sad if this one doesn't sell. I just compared the composite video output to that of my 800XL, and the difference is amazing. The 800's video is crisp and looks great on my LCD. The 800XL's video is fuzzy and a little washed out on the same monitor. Also, the 800's volume is about double that of the 800XL's. Same AV cable; I just unplugged it from one and plugged it into the other. Go figure. I'm going to test my XEGS later to see if its composite output can compare.

Interesting! I would imagine the XEGS has a better output than the 800xl since it's based on the XE line, but I may be wrong as it's been awhile since I've set up my XEGS and I don't remember how the colors/sound is on that puppy. Anyway, the 800 is a phenominal computer. Sadly i must replace mine as the output from both the video and RF is fuzzy with a huge line that runs up the screen.

THAT THING IS TOTALLY WORTHLESS YOU KNOW. I WAS WILLING TO GIVE YOU $.03 FROM MY COUCH AND A BURRITO WITH A BITE OUT OF IT JUST TO BE NICE, BUT NO, SOMEONE THINKS THEY'RE GONNA BE A MILLIONAIRE WITH THAT HUNK OF GARBAGE COMPUTER. NOBODY CLEARLY WANTS TO BUY IT BECAUSE THE CTIA IS SUCH A GIGANTIC PIECE OF SH^%!

;)

That guy just had sour grapes because we didn't buy his lowball tactics.

• Like 1

Yeah, that guy's antics got old quick. His sales threads were the same way - BUY MY STUFF AT MY PRICES BECAUSE YOU'LL BE SORRY IF YOU DON'T. I HAVE THE RAREST STUFF AROUND AND YOU'LL BUY IT NO MATTER HOW RUDE I AM. MY OPINION IS THE CORRECT ONE SO GO SUCK AN EGG - WORTHLESS CTIA!!!

I think at least two threads he was part of got locked due to his taking the low road. Eh, oh well.

Good times