IGNORED

Ever Had a Console Shipped to You Like This?

boxpressed

I posted a WTB thread not long ago looking for a PS2 fat. When I didn't get any responses, I went to eBay. The image below was what I was trying to avoid. Ever had a console wrapped in Kraft paper and shipped to you Media Mail? At least the seller wrapped the console in a couple of layers of thin bubble wrap first. Honestly, I was half expecting some dirty laundry to be inside the bundle. What's funny is that when buying games off eBay, I usually err on the side of rudeness and politely ask the seller to ship in a box so that the game box is not damaged. I would never think to ask this when buying a freakin' PS2 fat.

To my surprise, the console seems to work okay upon preliminary testing. Go figure.

post-30018-0-13843000-1342735060_thumb.jpg

I have shipped out a couple of larger boxed items in a similar manner. LOTS of bubble wrap was used though, probably more than it was worth. I would be wary to send just a console like that though, if it didn't have its original box. I wouldn't be comfortable with the amount of padding unless it had the original box with styro/packing inserts to give it extra protection.

Man I would be less than impressed with that too. I have never received a system like that, but I bought a sealed Atari game off of Ebay awhile back, and they shipped it to me wrapped in a plastic Wal-Mart bag stuffed into an empty box of Ritz crackers. Yes, an empty box of Ritz crackers, and I thought I seen it all.

I've been receiving Atari joysticks in bubble mailers (Ebay, of course) and I'm not too happy about it. Never thought I'd see a console like that!

World keeps on turning, and Ebay still hasn't implemented a SELLER RATING FOR PACKING. Packing's unimportant, you know.

• Like 4

Man I would be less than impressed with that too. I have never received a system like that, but I bought a sealed Atari game off of Ebay awhile back, and they shipped it to me wrapped in a plastic Wal-Mart bag stuffed into an empty box of Ritz crackers. Yes, an empty box of Ritz crackers, and I thought I seen it all.

I had something like that happen too. I think I had something shipped to me in a graham cracker box wrapped in Kraft paper. Also had a Vectrex come wrapped in a flannel blanket -- not a bad idea.

I'm at the point where I won't list an item unless I've got a proper shipping box for it.

I'm at the point where I won't list an item unless I've got a proper shipping box for it.

I am the same way. I buy large rolls of bubble wrap from Sams Club, and buy boxes from u-line for anything that does not ship Priority. I buy in bulk so it is not so expensive. Yes it adds a few cents to box like this, but it is well worth it to me. I know I appreciate it when I receive an item that was packaged with care.

• Like 1

I am the same way. I buy large rolls of bubble wrap from Sams Club, and buy boxes from u-line for anything that does not ship Priority. I buy in bulk so it is not so expensive. Yes it adds a few cents to box like this, but it is well worth it to me. I know I appreciate it when I receive an item that was packaged with care.

Me too. I always ensure that I have the proper packing before listing my items. The problem is that many people, like the person that sent that PS2, lack simple consideration for others.

No problem. This one is in good cosmetic condition and was reasonably priced (although $15 for Media Mail shipping says something about the ethics of the seller).

I think the PS2 fat + network/hard drive adapter + 120+ GB HD + Free McBoot = almost limitless gaming for less than $150.

• 1 month later...

I once got a video projector shipped to me in a box, loose with a towel wrapped round the projector... the towel didn't even stay on since it lay loose in the box when I opened it. The box was way to big for the projector so the projector had bounced around in there. I was really surprised when I turned it on and it worked! I would have bet almost anything that the bulb would be broken ;-)

That packing is horrible. I would never send a system like that and $15 for media when a large flat rate is I believe $14.90 now...come on.

As far as the ritz box.. This is me to a point. Granted I am very anal about shipping but I will ship a game or two in a flipped fruitsnack box or triscuit box or what not. I wrap them in bubble wrap and then pack around the entire box w/newspaper. The package is very very strong and the boxes are light enough that you can get 1st class rates.

I do this over bubble mailers. I absolutely hate bubble mailers. If it's a cartridge (low value) fine take the risk, it's on you. I once had a collectible cardboard slip cover dvd set escaflowne perfect collection sent to me in a bubble mailer. I was heated!!!

Anything that is boxed or has paper/cardboard goes in a sturdy box when I ship it. I did once do a boxed ps1 many years ago in kraft paper, but buyer reqeusted so I did it. All in all kraft paper isn't that cheap. You don't save $$ by using it I don't think.

Bought months ago a zipstick joystick from eBay UK.

I received it and the packaging was :

It was packed in bubble wrap... inside a F*¨£%$^ 6 pack cardboard for orange juice bottles. And it crossed the channel. And arrived OK.

This is currently the worst packaging I had. On the contrary, the 3 STs I bought from Germany from 2 different sellers where perfectly packed.

(And with packing peanuts. My 3 cats went mad and decided to spread them all over the house while I was at work. Even found some in my bathtub.)

Personally, I never ship, I prefer giving the stuff personally, AND you can keep the solid bag I used to bring it to you ! Free gift ! :D (I have a lot of these old french supermarket "Carsac" bags)

Edited by OBO

I also had a DVD set shipped in a bubble mailer with napkins to protect their data surfaces. I told the seller I wasn't too happy, but held the feedback until I could get the discs polished. He had agreed to refund my money if the polish didn't work. It did, though, so I left positive feedback with something like "good communication, willing to work problems out."

The worst shipping I'd ever had was a UMD movie in a letter envelope. It was listed in perfect condition. When I got it, you could see deep scratches on the shell typical of repeated use in a PSP-1000. I left negative feedback over this and the seller had the gall to reply to it and maintain that the UMD wasn't scratched! Even so, I'd have left negative feedback over the packaging alone since it's so easy to break a UMD shell just by pressing on it.