IGNORED

Gauging interest: Budget Game cases

5 members have voted

1. 1. Is there any interest in UGCs on a budget?

• Yes - I would be interested.
    • No - I do not use cases/I make my own

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I bought a bunch of cases off of GameCaseWorld.com. Those folks are great, and do great work, but, my collection is just too damn big to spend $10 a case on. Instead, I invested in a good printer, plastic shears, a paper cutter, and a case of UGCs.

Making my own cases is great, but, I know not everyone wants to be bothered with it. Of course, most of us know about Universal Game Cases, and that this entire conversation would never happen without the hard work being done over at The Cover Project. Most of my covers come from there, including designs from GameCaseWorld.com, which are, incidentally, usually adapted from TCP community-donated templates, anyway.

My pointis this: this is a more-or-less open source sort of thing, but I know people don't have a lot of time or money to spend on that sort of thing, but want their games cased. Given the fact that I don;t use paper as thick as GCW.com, and that my case mods do not include foam, etc., would there be anyone here that would be in the market for custom UGCs for $6-7 shipped?

I'm not trying to undercut Game Case World, as I freely admit that their cases are the best in the business, and truly of archival quality.

I'm not trying to cheapen the work that the folks at The Cover Project do, nor do I wish to take ANY credit for their art.

I simply want to provide an alternative for the gamer/collector that doesn't need archival quality, has a large collection, and simply doesn't want to be bothered with making their own. I will also do DVD cases for PS1, DC, GC, etc.

If there is enough interest, I will post again when the cases can be produced (waiting on a new case of UGCs). If not, we can forget this conversation ever took place. ;)