IGNORED

lukiegames MADE IT RIGHT

the.golden.ax

I've heard others on AA get upset with lukiegames but they are a giant seller. You don't expect the kind of crap I just got from them.

I won eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2907513093701?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290751309370&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] for $91.01

The listing says: CONDITION - This is a lot of Lot of 2 Super Nintendo & 6 Nintendo NES BROKEN Systems- For PARTS or REPAIR5 non-working original consoles. Can be repaired or used for parts.

What I actually got was just like the picture, but FOUR of the units have NOTHING inside, they are just the empty plastic shells. The rest have the PCB, no pins, no tins, no screws, nothing. I didn't win a lot of broken shells. They were described as SYSTEMS. How can you repair EMPTY shells containing no electronics!?

I'm waiting on the reply. Man, I'm pissed. Crap like this shouldn't happen from sellers with A QUARTER MILLION feedback.

They corrected the situation sending me another batch. While some did have missing crap again like tins and pins others had extra stuff like games in them. They more than made up for the situation. Thank you for being honorable.

• Like 2

It also said it was a stock photo, but it was in fact the actual items shown... they just were missing the innards :roll: could be that Lukie is just TOO big to know what they have going on (honest or unintentional mistake) but with all the dishonest whackjob buyers out there, whom ever does answer from Lukie is just probably going to assume I want a free ride (because one hand that sent it, won't know what the other hand that answers my displeased customer service message, was doing). They must have been botched or leftovers from repairs they did at Lukie in house.

You might get lucky Ax with Lukie.......before I found this forum about 2 years ago I bought a couple hundred games from them in a one year span...this was before they got so big (they just discontinued the 10% off coupon with each order a few months ago and they would usually give "better" customers a 25% off one from time to time).......anyway I digress.....I never had any problem even on a few purchases that I had to return (including a Bubble Bath Babes) that was not in good shape :) I believe the owner's name is Sara Cover (if I remember right) and I bet you could talk to her....either way best of luck ...that sucks

The guys got 240 negs in 6 months,that should of got the alarm bells ringing.

Not really alarming due to the size. They are "top rated" and the ratio is fairly understandable. Maybe they will take care of it. I sure hope so. Right now I just feel trapped. The listing should have said that they were missing most or all of the guts. When you say broken systems, you aren't saying that there will be some literally devoid of anything but a power button and some dust bunnies.

We all know that you are right, Ax - and Lukiegames is wrong - and we all hope that ebay will do the right thing (force a return and get your money back).

Lukiegames has bought countless NES, SNES and N64 from me. If this does not turn out right, I will block them from my auctions.

They have a website, with a Customer Service number. I had an issue with a NES I ordered direct from them - they took the thing back, at their expense, no questions, asked, and upgraded to a top loader for $15. I had to yell once, but only once.

888-616-4263. Call them. They're big enough that they can bend over backwards to help you, but you have to bark loud enough.

The business is actually owned by two females, and employs quite a few people. I realize that a lot of their reputation here is based off of their ebay store, but, they also do business outside of that.

If I had had any experience less than what I had when I had my problem, believe me, I'd be bitching up a storm. As it is, these folks were willing to go the extra mile to make me happy.

How often have you gotten a message on eBay that said, "Sorry. Nothing I can do," because the seller knew they'd covered their ass? I didn't get that treatment from LukieGames, and I hope you don;t either.

Also, check out DKOldies - they're on the high end of the scale, pricewise, but the service is out of this world. I had a box of over a dozen games stolen off my doorstep. Even though it wasn't insured, they gave me store credit in a five minute phone call.

Yeah, if I don't get any reply I'll give them a call. I was pretty hot about the situation when the package came. I'd planned to refurb some of these systems and flip some of them quickly to get my investment back. I'm cutting it close to the line at mortgage time each month. It doesn't leave allot of room for shenanigans on stuff I've got immediate plans for.

Yeah, if I don't get any reply I'll give them a call. I was pretty hot about the situation when the package came. I'd planned to refurb some of these systems and flip some of them quickly to get my investment back. I'm cutting it close to the line at mortgage time each month. It doesn't leave allot of room for shenanigans on stuff I've got immediate plans for.

Use that to your advantage. I'd call regarldess. The guy in charge of returns is really compassionate and reasonable.

The business is actually owned by two females . . .
Period.

Gross.

Man, I'm pissed. Crap like this shouldn't happen from sellers with A QUARTER MILLION feedback.

Is it time to get the bulldozer out of your secret garage?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgDgVbRKRrM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgDgVbRKRrM

After two clear emails explaining exactly what the situation was in 5 days, and posting to their facebook Lukie finally wrote back:

I do apologize for any delay in response. I?m not sure why the previous message was missed. As stated the lot was for broken systems. The lots are created by randomly choosing the items from a bin of broken systems and there are to be used for parts or repaired. This lot was not misrepresented.

At this point I would consider this to be a scam.

After two clear emails explaining exactly what the situation was in 5 days, and posting to their facebook Lukie finally wrote back:

I do apologize for any delay in response. I?m not sure why the previous message was missed. As stated the lot was for broken systems. The lots are created by randomly choosing the items from a bin of broken systems and there are to be used for parts or repaired. This lot was not misrepresented.

I agree completely. The listing specifically said, "Can be repaired or used for parts." There is no way that empty console shells can be repaired.

If at least one of the items had some guts in it, it could be "interpreted" that they pulled random non-working items and shipped them. However, the fact that not a single item had anything in it proves that they intentionally sent you several empty shells.

It's not like you paid peanuts for that lot, either. They definitely scammed you.

Yes, I agree. As you said, their description indicated "broken" systems, not "incomplete" systems. They should definitely rectify this with you. Been a few days, but I don't remember reading anything in the auction about missing parts.

You need to tell them that the lot was for broken systems, and that broken systems can either be repaired or used for parts. If they couldn't, then there would be NO value whatsoever. What shipped were incomplete systems, which can neither be repaired, nor used for parts [that you need] to repair other systems, and therefore have no value. The lost was misrepresented as broken systems when it should have been listed as incomplete/stripped systems.

edit: sorry mine sounds just like the guy above but we posted at the same time. I'm with SlowCoder.

Edited by wood_jl