IGNORED

Boxed Atari 2600 Games

5200Fanatic

Those are not good deals. The BIN price is way too high. Priority mail shipping only at $25 (one says $9 but I'm sure it's a typo - they should at least offer a parcel post option). Most of the games are commons, even for boxed games. The Sears Yars Revenge is a good find but I wouldn't buy the lot just to get it. The BIN makes each game about $8 shipped. That seems high to me. Most of my 2600 games I bought were between $3 and $4 shipped (of course they were in large lots and mostly all commons but a few gems). Most of my boxed 2600 games are also in good condition. If you are going to get a nice lot of boxed 2600 games for a good deal, I would say 'pass' on these unless the reserve price is like $10.

• Like 1

Those are not good deals. The BIN price is way too high. Priority mail shipping only at $25 (one says $9 but I'm sure it's a typo - they should at least offer a parcel post option). Most of the games are commons, even for boxed games. The Sears Yars Revenge is a good find but I wouldn't buy the lot just to get it. The BIN makes each game about $8 shipped. That seems high to me. Most of my 2600 games I bought were between $3 and $4 shipped (of course they were in large lots and mostly all commons but a few gems). Most of my boxed 2600 games are also in good condition. If you are going to get a nice lot of boxed 2600 games for a good deal, I would say 'pass' on these unless the reserve price is like $10.

The BINs were my mistake. I lowered them significantly and they were purchased. One of the lots had a sealed Enduro. I don't think that is too common. My feeling is that with priority mail, it gets there quicker and with a tracking number. So, the less time in delivery means the less time stuff can get damaged in transit. I'm not making any money on shipping and have even taken the hit on paying the extra or refunding people a few bucks depending on whether it would be cheaper to use a flat rate or not. Anyway, I sold all three lots locally but still through eBay to a nice fella and actually drove to his house and hand delivered them to him. Now that's saving on shipping!

Edited by 5200Fanatic
  • Like 1

I love local ebay deals, what a way to get good items and save on shipping. Glad to hear they went to someone in your area and glad to hear that you lowered the prices. I have hand delivered a few things as well, it's always been a great experience for me. I agree with priority mail being a better option, but sometimes it's really too expensive and you should at least give your buyers a choice. If you use a sturdy enough box and decent packing materials a large lot of boxed 2600 games would make the parcel post trip just fine and it would be about half the cost. Yes, it would take longer but I myself am OK with that if it saves me $10 or $15 on shipping. Anyway, thanks for posting what happened with your auction! Have a great day.

Jon

I love local ebay deals, what a way to get good items and save on shipping. Glad to hear they went to someone in your area and glad to hear that you lowered the prices. I have hand delivered a few things as well, it's always been a great experience for me. I agree with priority mail being a better option, but sometimes it's really too expensive and you should at least give your buyers a choice. If you use a sturdy enough box and decent packing materials a large lot of boxed 2600 games would make the parcel post trip just fine and it would be about half the cost. Yes, it would take longer but I myself am OK with that if it saves me $10 or $15 on shipping. Anyway, thanks for posting what happened with your auction! Have a great day.

Jon

Thanks Jon!