IGNORED

Planetary Defense 2012

Klankster

On 9/20/2012 at 8:46 PM, Klankster said:

Actually, a single finger would work there as well as it does in PD2012 -- tap where you want to fire and it aims and fires in the same action. That would rock. (Anybody have that source code? I could add the leaderboard mechanism to it as well! :-D )

The Atari 5200 version can be made to work that way without any code changes to the game -- that version supports direct positioning of the cursor with the analog joysticks. So supporting that in an emulator is pretty much the same as supporting koala pad -- just map a touch to the x/y analog stick value+trig(0)=1. (We're working on it).

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 1/30/2022 at 11:34 AM, bhall408 said:

The Atari 5200 version can be made to work that way without any code changes to the game -- that version supports direct positioning of the cursor with the analog joysticks. So supporting that in an emulator is pretty much the same as supporting koala pad -- just map a touch to the x/y analog stick value+trig(0)=1. (We're working on it).

If and when ? a 5200 version is put out, will it also work with the CX53 Trak-ball in the same way as it does on Missile Command, I mean c'mon @bhall408, please, this would become a hit among us Big Sexy affectionists, otherwise I just might have to get on the Batphone with Paul Lay to do the honors for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of a 5200 version of either the 1984 version or the 2012 version anytime soon, here it is so if someone wants to make this work with both the 5200's analog joystick we use or better yet, the trak-ball, this would be great!!! This will keep us 5200 Atarians busy until and long after Ryan Witmer releases his next beta of Rob n' Banks, thanks! :)  3 versions here, just make one work with Big Sexy!!! Please.

Planetary Defense 2012.zip pd2012.atr Planetary Defense.xex

On 7/15/2022 at 11:08 PM, BIGHMW said:

Any chance of a 5200 version of either the 1984 version or the 2012 version anytime soon, here it is so if someone wants to make this work with both the 5200's analog joystick we use or better yet, the trak-ball, this would be great!!! This will keep us 5200 Atarians busy until and long after Ryan Witmer releases his next beta of Rob n' Banks, thanks! :)  3 versions here, just make one work with Big Sexy!!! Please.

Planetary Defense 2012.zip 5.5 kB · 6 downloads pd2012.atr 90.02 kB · 6 downloads Planetary Defense.xex 3.54 kB · 7 downloads

Look guys I wasn't kidding about my suggestion of (perhaps) a 5200 version of either the 1984 A.N.A.L.O.G. original or the 2012 improved version, this game screams to be ported to Big Sexy, just replace the KoalaPad function with the CX53 Trak-Ball and have this work with one of the great strengths of the otherwise-maligned CX52 5200 joystick, its pinpoint 360-degree analog control. We would be very thankful that finally a (unofficial) sequel to Missile Command is finally available for US to enjoy, hey, not everybody has the vookoo $$$ to get an XEGS.

I'm sure you're not kidding.  But sweet baby jesus, if we had a dollar for every port you have asked for (either 5200 to 800, or vice versa), I could retire.  I'm not even working on the ports.  If there's something you know of that can calm you down, let me know, I will gladly finance it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2