IGNORED

changing rf 2 port model

metzger130

So I had to go out and buy a new rf cable because one end went snap when moving around the vcr it's hooked to so I could get another component back there, this has now been alleviated, but when I got the rf that I bought from radio shack home it connects great to the part that goes into the vcr but when I try and plug it into the motherboard it just doesn't seem to want to go over the plug. Is this larger then normal? Also, how do you get it to fit snugly? I tried to play it with it not being real snug and it's fuzzy so I need to get it in there better but don't want to break the motherboard.

Also, does anyone still have that rf shield on? This cable is much thicker and I couldn't get the original one out to begin with without cutting off the end so I was going to keep the shield off and run the cable to the top instead of the bottom and threw the hole. It works this way, just want to make sure that no rf shield won't be an issue.

Thanks

Edited by metzger130

I have a couple 5200 systems with no shields and they work fine.

As for the cable, maybe you just need to squeeze the round part a little so it grabs tight and stays.

Problem I always have with replacing that cable is that the end sticks up too high compared to how small the end is on the stock cable.

It can make putting the top back on the system a pain.

Reason I asked this is because it seems like the port that it goes into is to small?? I broke off the tip of the cable and it seems to work fine now, just couldn't get it in the system and get it snug because the plug part was to big. Not sure if this is true of other systems or if when they made my board they soldered it to low or what exactly. Anyways, I thought I ruined the plug when the end broke off, but what happened is it's a nice snug fit and it works......