IGNORED

Robotech ?

Stun Runner 87

I'm sorry if any of you may feel this thread I made is a waste of space, LoL........Anyway, I'm not a homebrewer, programmer or expert on software or the technological work that goes into making a game, but I was just thinking to myself, what kind of game would attempt to make if I did.....One of my favorite old cartoon series from back in the good ole days was "robotech"...also like the comics.....Back in the 80s I never saw a "RoboTech" game for any home console until Genesis and SuperNintendo made it for those systems in the early 90s...I know a 7800 version wouldn't compare to SuperNes or SegaGenesis standards....But I could imagine a totally different version of a sidescrolling-shooter Robotech game that would be cool as Hell for the 7800...I've always thought that RoboTech would be a great character for a 7800 game.....Robotech can fly and walk. And turn into a ship, almost like a transformer.........I was wondering if any of you guys had ever thought of attempting to make a game based on "Robotech".......just an Idea, but I'm sure you have youur own ideas lined up....at least, Robotech would make a good game for the XM expansion for the 7800.....just a few thoughts that just popped up in my head today when I was reading an old thread about ElectroCop that was posted here years ago, and how different of a game that would of been in comparison to all other 7800 released titles......................P.S, if anyone ever decides to revisit the idea of remaking ElectroCop because apparently no prototypes exist, purhaps instead of using the RoboCop lookalike as the character for the game, change him to RoboTech instead and change the name of the game to "RoboTech". It would be more interesting and not make the game look like such a bottleg version of NES's RoboCOP.............BusyBee, PacmanPlus, do you bguys hear me????? Yup, this is a request.......Can someone make a hombrew of a Robotech game for the 7800 somday? Pleeeeeeez....or at least leave the possibility open.....come awwwwn, its a good idea....well ain't it???????????????Just imagine the kinds of ideas for weapons or powerups you could make up...Robotech weapons in the classic cartoon...?Just think how awsome the artwork on the cart label would look with RoboTech standing there with its jetpacks boosted and cannons pointed up in the air....RoboTech is badazz!!!! And would make a badazz game............well if not for the 7800, certainly would make a great new game for Atari Jaguar homebrewer programmers....

Edited by Stun Runner 87

Copywrites?????? Just change the name "RoboTech" to "RoboTechno"..............There almost was ElectroCop for the 7800.......It pretty much was Robocop...maybe Atari named the game ElectroCop for that same reason.............................Its my day off, and I'm beginning to wonder if the joint I smoked this moring if the reason for my odd thought path in my postings this morning........

I have had this same dream for Robotech for years for the Jaguar. I never really thought of it for the 7800 just cuz I want color and scaling ond POWA for my ideas.I have the some art and levels ideas/events and bosses worked out. The robotech feeling of the game I have is a mix of 3 games. I want to have on a event change (a couple of boss battles) from side shooter to Soustar behind the ship look...all in 2D. Well there will be some 3D elements within the game.

Galactic Attack

And

Blazing Star.

Oh you want a great space battle....I got a great space battle for ya! Thats the biggest thing I want to push for the games is the attention to detail...like little ppl running around on the ground some might even shoot at you..as you stomp them. And the feeling of a all out war. Troops along with you or background. Lazers cutting thru ships. EXPLOSIONS EXPLOSIONS EXPLOSIONS!!!

I am Very fond of robotech. And would love to have a good american version of the game.

So no you are not the only one who wants this...BADLY!

I NEED THIS!

Edited by nonner242

Not sure how long I'd play a game that kept shouting "Boner!" at me ;) :lol:.

Yeah that "Boner" sure does gets me frustrated while Im up late at night, and my girl is sleeping.

There is no way to get it to stop!

I just have to hope it does not wake her up.

She will make me turn it off...lol

Hell I wish they were saying boner, that would at least make it funny.

Bonus sounds even more lame now..booo

Robotech!

post-6530-0-45421700-1347916736_thumb.jpg

Edited by nonner242
  • Like 2

Electrocop was an Epyx title for the Lynx originally. IIRC, in early descriptions (when the Lynx was the "Atari Portable Colour Entertainment System", they were calling it IMPOSSIBLE MISSION.

According to Amy Hennig, the two games (Electrocop for Lynx and 7800) were being developed concurrently by two different teams so the games had no relation in gameplay. They just had the common guidance of making a Robocop-type game. I don't remember specifics, but the thread is around here to read up on for more info.

In-between the comas, exclamation marks and unneeded z's I'm still wondering why the 7800 for a Robotech shoot-em-up? Whip out the Dreamcast and program a proper shooter.

Always check the sign on the door before you go in.

Seriously, were you wondering why every time you went to a public john a bunch of women would scream a beat the snot out of you? :P