IGNORED

What do I need to hook this up?

IHATETHEBEARS

I finally decided to hook up my 5200 permanently. But with today's modern equipment, I simply don't have the ability took hook this up. I had it hooked up a few years ago. But I can't remember how. I assume I had the old coaxial TV/GAME switch. But that seems to have disappeared. And I know from recent experiences that the picture would be sort of crappy anyway.

So what is the easiest way to do this? I recently hooked up my Sega Genesis and Sony Playstation by buying brand new cords on Amazon that split into the three AV signals (red/white/yellow). Is there a similar cord available for the 5200? If so, can someone find me a link to it - perhaps an Amazon link?

If there is no new cord, is there something I can plug into the cord you see in the picture that will split into the red/white/yellow or something else?

Any help would be appreciated. I've got all my old sysyems hooked up but this one. And I'm dying to play it again.

Thanks!

post-21637-0-72238800-1348019563_thumb.jpg

Edited by IHATETHEBEARS

The old TV/game switch will not work here. You need to find your 5200 TV switch box, and your power adapter will also plug into the same switch. Plug the male connector from the cable that comes out the back of the 5200 console onto the female RCA jack on the 5200 TV switch box. Then, depending on if your TV set has 75 ohm input, you may need a VCR with composite outputs (yellow, red, white plugs).