IGNORED

HP 200LX Computer Review

• 4 weeks later...

I was a super user of the palmtop back in the day. When the HP95LX was introduced in 1991, it made the evening news. Four companies contributed to its creation: Intel provided the CPU engineering; Lotus provided the software; Microsoft provided MS-DOS; and HP did the enclosure and HP CALC. It was available in 512k and later 1MB (which I paid $600 for in 1992.

In 1994, I paid $500 for the HP200LX 2MB. and several hundred $$ for a 20MB PCMCIA card. The machine is fantastic! And there are Windoze desktop applications for some of the apps on the machine. Also a separate CPACK software package emulates the machine on a desktop.

In 2002 I used my palmtop to write, compile and transfer to the Vectrex my game program to test via a special RS232 Vectrex cart that Richard Hutchinson developed for me.

To this day I still use the palmtop for Lotus123, custom databases that I developed and the HPCALC app on a regular basis.

• 1 month later...