IGNORED

My Turbo Duo has problems...

number six

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with Turbo Duo problems / repair?

Finally found all my hookups for my Duo and fired it back up tonight.

It seems to have the common sound problem now, the static issues. From google this seems to be a problem with failing caps. I had to order a gamebit since its got that funky security bolt on it so can't look inside until it comes in.

Problem #2 is a bit more troubling though. The CD-ROM is flakey. It will fire right up and play a game but after about 60 seconds or so the disc stops spinning and the game locks up. If you play a game where the disc loads one level at a time you can play the level freely until you get to a point where it needs to access the disc again then it just freezes. I'm wondering if that could also be some bad caps somewhere or if that might indicate a failing laser? If you let it sit for a bit it seems to come right back up though and once again gets about a minute or so in before it locks again. Strange.

Sucks to have all these problems on the duo.. anything else I have backups for but not for this system. Hopefully its all fixible.

Yeah most likely there are several bad caps.

If you have any soldering skill check out the

I did on how I do cap replacement on the Duo.

If you don't want to risk breaking it, send it to me and i'll fix you up.

If it needs a new laser I have some in stock.

Prices are on my website - www.game-tech.us

Nice site! While i've done my share of soldering i'd hate to risk the Turbo given the cost of replacing it. Plus I'd love to get my Toploader modded w/rca outs!

I'll be in touch!