IGNORED

OSS 4 IN 1 Supercart Express Interest Thread

santosp

The 1200xl has a very snug guide into the cartridge port, and some 3rd party carts do not slide in easily, or at all. Generally not an issue, but something to be aware of.

My S/XEGS Ramcart starts, but doesn't fit loose enough to go all the way. If I force it in to connect the PCB I am afraid that it will not come out easy.

I wish youi goys could find another source for cartridge cases,

They just need to be a little narrower. How muc is the cost for two shipped to USA?

You mean from the OSS 4 in 1 Cart? I don't have ready yet as to know. Also if this project finally run, will become after a new SIO2SD device, that will occur at some time.

P.S.

Maybe later make some cart PCB adapter, especially for 1200XL owners.... I dont know for now. Time will tell ...

Edited by santosp

I wish you guys could find another source for cartridge cases,

They just need to be a little narrower. How much is the cost for two shipped to USA?

You mean from the OSS 4 in 1 Cart? I don't have ready yet as to know. Also if this project finally run, will become after a new SIO2SD device, that will occur at some time.

P.S.

Maybe later make some cart PCB adapter, especially for 1200XL owners.... I dont know for now. Time will tell ...

I already have an adaptor for my 1200XL, but I just wish you guys would find a source for cartridge cases that fit without an adapter.

Those are too wide and I think they are originally from Commodore 64 measurements.

Edited by Defender II
  • Like 1

Those are too wide and I think they are originally from Commodore 64 measurements.

Nope! Is the same plastic enclosure in which use also other people here or on other place to make its projects. Fits perfect on any other machine except the tight one slot of 1200XL. :(

Edited by santosp

• 2 months later...

Finally became possible to build! :) All the OSS cartridges in one form. As selector used a tactile switch which turn the numbers on a 7 segment display. Also the last position-choise is stored in memory, so the next time who someone power on his Atari, the same OSS program load. The change from one tool to another become on the fly, plus soft reset from the computer.

Of course the "The Writers Tool" need the original initialization floppy disk to work.

A BIG thanks to Retrobits for his help. Without him, this will never happen.

Also thanks rdea who made to me known its existence.

Unfortunately from a total 10 carts only 8 is available. To be fair I keep the priority on the above list, as they come to me within this thread.

Now a price for this it could be 40 - 50 euro. Please pm me for any question.

IMG 8101 3200

IMG 8102 3200

IMG 8107 3200

IMG 8110 3200

IMG 8118 3200

Members who have express their interest.

Gandor

rdea6

venom4728a

kenjennings

bf2k+

Marius1976

JonnyBritish

svenski

jhill98

dl7ukk

npturton

tjb