IGNORED

Atari 5200 Tempest CIB up for sale on Gamegavel.com

thevnaguy

Due to all the hassle I am having over this friggin 5200 I purchased on Ebay, I have decided that I am no longer interested in collecting for it. Depending on the outcome of my Ebay case I have filed right now you probably will be seeing bits and pieces of the lot I bought show up for sale on gamegavel.com.

I have started the sale with one of the 30 Atari Tempest Arcade carts that Atariage released just recently.

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000687289

Due to all the hassle I am having over this friggin 5200 I purchased on Ebay, I have decided that I am no longer interested in collecting for it. Depending on the outcome of my Ebay case I have filed right now you probably will be seeing bits and pieces of the lot I bought show up for sale on gamegavel.com.

I have started the sale with one of the 30 Atari Tempest Arcade carts that Atariage released just recently.

http://www.gamegavel...item=0000687289

Can I ask what kind of hassle you are having with the 5200?

The seller did not package it well (at all) and also tried to send it Media Mail rate so I had to pay USPS just to pick the box up from them for the difference in postage. Here is a vid of my unboxing of the item from my youtube channel. I am having the worse luck with Ebay lately. I also recently purchased a Atari Jaguar system and the guy did not send the controllers for it :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHv1j2CC93A

The seller did not package it well (at all) and also tried to send it Media Mail rate so I had to pay USPS just to pick the box up from them for the difference in postage. Here is a vid of my unboxing of the item from my youtube channel. I am having the worse luck with Ebay lately. I also recently purchased a Atari Jaguar system and the guy did not send the controllers for it :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHv1j2CC93A

Havent I seen some videos from you on your youtube channel? Thats to bad about that system, you have some great games there though. I would think twice about selling it all off.

Ya, I mainly puchased a 5200 to play Tempest and I love Atari anyway. I have my original Heavy Sixer I received as a christmas present in 78, also a Atari 7800 I just recently modded for composite video out (on my youtube channel) and a Atari Jaguar. I am selling off the tempest and I doubt I would ever play the 5200 as I have most of the games on other systems anyway. I may do a video on refurbing a joystick (since they both are dead, seller claimed one worked perfectly) It depends on how the Ebay Case plays out, right now I just want this pile of junk gone.

I hope ebay finds on your favor, that's pretty f***ed upthe way that was shipped. If ebay doesn't find in your favor (which I would be shocked considering all the professional ebay brokers do nothing but complain about how ebay ALWAYS sides with buyers), and you paid via credit card, I'd dispute it through them as well. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Well, here is the latest update. After a bunch of emails and such, the system is getting returned so I will get a refund when they get it back (keep my fingers crossed). I packed it way better that they did but considering the condition of the stuff there was no need.

What is really sad is this system came from one of the GameHero's guys that recently retired from doing their show. I use to watch them and figure hey, this would be a great system to get from them. Boy was I wrong. Its like, ok lets retire and then screw all our fans. Glad I defected and went to Retrogamingroundup and AllGenGamers :)

Edited by thevnaguy

Well, here is the latest update. After a bunch of emails and such, the system is getting returned so I will get a refund when they get it back (keep my fingers crossed). I packed it way better that they did but considering the condition of the stuff there was no need.

What is really sad is this system came from one of the GameHero's guys that recently retired from doing their show. I use to watch them and figure hey, this would be a great system to get from them. Boy was I wrong. Its like, ok lets retire and then screw all our fans. Glad I defected and went to Retrogamingroundup and AllGenGamers :)

I know this is a "no-brainer", but you should make sure to send that with delivery confirmation, at the very least. I would possibly even splurge for signed receipt. If this seller is such a tool, there is a very good chance they will claim that they never received it...next thing you know, it will be listed up on eBay a week later. :mad: