IGNORED

Venture: An "Atlantis Games Group" Release

Kjmann

First off leet me begin by saying that I will not answer questions or Discuss anything here in the public forum. This post is strictly for information for the Atariage Community Concerning our release of Venture.

1. The 5 venture carts that were sold recently were not supposed to be sold at all. there was some basic miscommunication with lance at video 61 and he released them by accident. No Problem there, but due to the bugs that were in those versions, Lance is offering Exchanges on those 5 for the official release if those people wish to due so when they are available.

2. There will be NO digital releases. Ever.

3. Our Plan is to release Venture Jointly with Lance at Video61 and Al through the AtariAgae Store. So Basicly We Want AtariAge (Al) To Manufacture the Carts and any other Materials (Boxes, Manuals, Etc) For us and Lance will simply carry those in his store as well as Al Having them Available in the AA Store.

4. We Are Planning on a 5200 Release.

5. Fear Not Venture enthusiests, we are working on more things to increase the difficulty in Challanger Mode. Perhaps an Extra Never Before Seen Level. You never know. LOL

If there are any basic questions Concerning Venture, I can be PM'd here on Atari Age. I will not respond to open discussion on The Forums.

Thak you all. I hope this answers some of your questions.

=)

Sal (The Kjmann)

• Like 1

2. There will be NO digital releases. Ever.

=)

Sal (The Kjmann)

Oh well, that's at least 2 games I'll never get to own, I have no way to back up the cart even if I brought it and my hardware isn't in the best condition so there we have it.

• Like 1

Oh well, that's at least 2 games I'll never get to own, I have no way to back up the cart even if I brought it and my hardware isn't in the best condition so there we have it.

I agree on this with Mclaneinc. I have a lot of experience with failing hardware and software that gets corrupted (although carts appear to be a rather safe investment).

I am willing to pay. I am willing to sign for my own death to promise not to spread the software in what way ever.

I simply do not want games on cart. It does not match with the way I play games on atari 8bit anymore. I almost never use carts. The only carts I use from time to time are carts I can flash (the atarimax flash carts, and the SIC! carts) ... and the Mac/65 and Synassembler cart. That's it. I run everything from harddisk... and that is great!

That KJMANN guy is really interesting. Nothing to provide, puts People that put "compassions" to the public... while really doing nothing himself, but some restricted writiing. He really gets Patience by others. It seems, I could learn much from him. ;) ..... VERY MUCH

Edited by emkay

Really, this is strange to me. He's doing nothing, but betraying others. Others write how "Sick" he is. And this is enough to click other's Brains, having huge respects... they also Project big activity toward him by this, while others do the real work. This Feature is really interesting. If someone gets this, who's doing real stuff, this one would rule it all ;) .... My question is: why do people re-act on this , as they do? Someone could give an Explanation... I mean, others, who get restricted the same way, don't get the same "Respect".... why does he get the respect, he doesn't really deserve?

Edited by emkay

I don't know emkay, I simply like KJMANN. I am a musician, and I have heard his work... he is a true atari music wizard. The man can not do anything wrong to me. Never.

Why? I have no idea. It might be strange indeed.

Although... I disagree with you when you say he is doing nothing. That is not true. He seems to be a very talented guy to get things done. That IS what he is doing, and with success.

I agree on this with Mclaneinc. I have a lot of experience with failing hardware and software that gets corrupted (although carts appear to be a rather safe investment).

I am willing to pay. I am willing to sign for my own death to promise not to spread the software in what way ever.

I simply do not want games on cart. It does not match with the way I play games on atari 8bit anymore. I almost never use carts. The only carts I use from time to time are carts I can flash (the atarimax flash carts, and the SIC! carts) ... and the Mac/65 and Synassembler cart. That's it. I run everything from harddisk... and that is great!

Lance explained that it was to do with only having the cartridge rights to those games but I still say they are missing the boat income wise and should have secured a more open release deal. If you look at the C64 there's many small places that release a REAL version and a digital version and make money from both.

Of course there's no company ties to them for licenses but there is an income to be made.

Sal's wording on here re it seemed more of anger about other format, I presume there's considerable mark up on carts and its money based. Shame if its that its purely seen as a business venture (no pun intended), whilst I understand the wish to make money I would like to think people also want their games to be played by as many as possible.

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 3

Since almost every title is floating around as a .xex or hacked .atr version I can understand they are a bit 'frightened' that they would not earn the money back that is invested (as time = money).

But...

I am pretty sure most atariage visitors really want to pay for a file version.

Everybody here knows how important that is, and everybody understands when it will be impossible to earn money, the sources of new programs will dry up soon.

Although the world is full of jerks I still believe most people in the Atari scene are honest people.

And when you make personal marks in the file, that will prevent spreading too.

At last: I have never seen a copy of BBS Express Professional for download. Never (!) ... while that program isn't copy protected!!! Simply because the program has a node-encryption. I would be really stupid if I spread my unique X_476 node of BBS Express Professional, since the author/seller knows X_476 belongs to me! It is probably hackable... but still... no copies floating around.

And I realize: a bbs program is something different, since you have to make your 'login-address' (phone or IPaddress) known to the public, before one can use it... and no one wants to let people know that they are running a pirated version of this software. With a game, know one will ever know... that is true. But still I believe it will not happen that much.

So Sal... and Lance: don't be silly, and offer a file version too. And now we are asking... also from Tempest Xtreme. I already have that cart... and I want to buy (and PAY) a file!

Same here, I'd pay happily..

I really liked the demo of Tempest Extreme, no I don't have a cracked version of the full one and I'd happily pay for one knowing I was giving something back to the programmer but 50 Dollars + shipping for a cart I cannot dump for hardware that will not last is not on my list.

I really liked the demo of Tempest Extreme,

I really liked that one, too. As I love the A8, I like gaming on it, but I just couldn't justify paying $50 for another version of Tempest (meaning regardless of system) with joystick/digital-only control. Paddles, 2600 Driving Controller, or ST Mouse support would have made this a must-have.

IMHO if these games were released with a quality label and in the same way as AtariAge has done, most of us would PAY for one. I think most of us are not pirates from the 80's. We are enthusiets and like to pay/collect Atari 8 bit things. But with the poor labels that Video 61 has done, I do not feel reluctant to fork over $30+ for a home brew cart.

Case in point. I bought a Xenophobe cart and quickly made a label for it. Should of came like that. I even offered Lance to make a bunch of labels for a small fee and he declined.

post-3709-1191309431_thumb.jpg

Edited by tjlazer

IMHO if these games were released with a quality label and in the same way as AtariAge has done, most of us would PAY for one. I think most of us are not pirates from the 80's. We are enthusiets and like to pay/collect Atari 8 bit things. But with the poor labels that Video 61 has done, I do not feel reluctant to fork over $30+ for a home brew cart.

Case in point. I bought a Xenophobe cart and quickly made a label for it. Should of came like that. I even offered Lance to make a bunch of labels for a small fee and he declined.

I received one of Venture's buggy carts.

I confirm poor quality label (bended too!).

I hope that my cart will be exchanged with one made by AtariAge, as Sal wrote.

And a word from me.

This one:

So Sal... and Lance: don't be silly, and offer a file version too.

...or you're never existed. :P

And being a bit more serious... I'll surely buy file version of Tempest Extr. and Venture as carts are almost useless for me (well, maybe except that ethernet one :) ). And I second all the above words about the carts' price.

Period.

• 2 months later...

Atariage is making some test cartridges for us and I hope it can go into mainstream manufacturing soon. We fixed the bugs and a few other changes to challenger mode. Not going to say more until the game is released.

Perhaps someone reading can answer this: On one of my prior game release posts someone stated they have cartridge shells for about 1 US Dollar. Would that person please step forward. I have trouble finding that old post. Although the manufactures of my game cartridges have a surplus of shells now, they may need more to made in the future.