IGNORED

Sign this Petition

Stun Runner 87

Petition can be signed at the linked site below:

http://www.petitiononline.com/atari06/petition.html

Dear ATARI.INC your FANS wants new powerful gameconsole from You. With something like this SPECS: - Pure PowerPC CORE Inside + MOTOROLA DSP INSIDE. - PCI-EXPRESS for Graphic cards. - 256MB Ultra FAST DRAM + 2x PC RAM slots up to 4GB - Design something like ATARI FALCON Microbox: http://www.atari-explorer.com/falcon/microbox.html - 6xUSB for PC gamepads and other PC Periferials,LAN,Tv,LCD-out,Audio out. - Serial ATA for-> DVD/BLU-RAY and what will be next... - build in 512MB flash eeprom for game operating system and drivers. - COLOR CASE not only white/black WE LIVE IN COLORFUL WORLD!!! - Support for homebrew and original program code -chip. - build in emulator for 2600 and other atari 8bit consoles/atari800/atari st/ste/atari jaguar/atari lynx GAME ROMS!!! - It will be cheap.Everybody will buy RAM/DRIVE/GPU!!! cca 200 USD - diferent OS support LINUX/AMIGA OS 4/MAC OS X Move ATARI MOVE. If You are ATARI FAN please support this petition!!! Matej H.

Edited by Stun Runner 87

I didn't write the petition, but I agree with the writer of it 100%.....I just stumbled upon it while browsing the internet.........I think its long long long overdue and Atari should attempt to regain dominence in the video game market...who better than the brand that started it all???........I'M ALL FOR AN ATARI COMBACK, AND THE NEW CONSOLE SHOULD BE COMPATITBLE FOR ALL its old system games as well just as the writer of the petition suggests........I don't care if it would require digging up the bones of Jack Tremiel if that's what it would take to get Atari going once more........:)

Edited by Stun Runner 87

HA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Stupid. Just like the Sega fanboys petition for a follow up to Dreamcast. I am a huge Atari fan as many here are but, it's called "Reality". What you want or wish VS the reality of the situation. IF you understood anything about what the company that calls itself "Atari" is today as well as the market and what it takes to realize such a dream you would not waste your time on such nonsense. They are in no petition to bring a competing console to market, the ATARI fans you speak of are but a small niche market that pales in comparison to console buying majority today.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

I didn't write the petition, but I agree with the writer of it 100%.....I just stumbled upon it while browsing the internet.........I think its long long long overdue and Atari should attempt to regain dominence in the video game market...who better than the brand that started it all???........I'M ALL FOR AN ATARI COMBACK, AND THE NEW CONSOLE SHOULD BE COMPATITBLE FOR ALL its old system games as well just as the writer of the petition suggests........I don't care if it would require digging up the bones of Jack Tremiel if that's what it would take to get Atari going once more........ :)

Please refer to this post.

So your saying that if Atari (by some miricle from God himself) brought out a brand new console that's better than Ps3 and xbox360, that nobody on Earth would but into it? Id bet everyone in this forum would buy it...Just saying.......I know there's probably a likelyhood of less than 1 % chance that Atari ever comes back in such a major way, but 1 % chance means there a chance........even if its only 1 % chance.....I guess....:(

Edited by Stun Runner 87

NO, we are saying Atari are in no position to bring out a better or even competing console, that is the reality, there is a difference. You and I and the majority here might be interested, the majority of atari fans might be interested, those that might consider it are but a tiny niche market, the rest of the buying market have no confidence in the Atari branding.

There is not even a 1% chance buddy.......I DO appreciate your use of that Youtube clip though lol.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

Atari is not Atari anymore: it is a brand.

Talk with your own money and sweat. Buy a FireBee. Develop a Jaguar game.

I've just sweated and consulted with my money...It told me that all of us members at atariage.com should pitch in all of our money and buy the Atari brand.........Then as we put all of our heads together, we can build this new console and put it on the market our dam selves.........YES WE CAN.........

Edited by Stun Runner 87

Valiant as this effort is...it is not going to happen. If it were going to happen.. it would have already.

Build a console that will play every ATARI game ever made...which BTW you can do right now on your own computer...would be a monumental cost in today's economy not to mention the re licensing of all the games (because the law states that they would have to being it a new console) and the price that they would have to sell it at would be prohibitive to most people. (not everyone in this forum is rolling in money)

So in closing... I like the idea but reality states otherwise

MUP116_LG2.jpg

1) Console market is already too diluted.

2) PC-style consoles = always fail.

3) New consoles right around the corner with better specs already happening.

4) Atari not in hardware business anymore, no point. Future market success lies in software, not hardware.

MUP116_LG2.jpg

1) Console market is already too diluted.

2) PC-style consoles = always fail.

3) New consoles right around the corner with better specs already happening.

4) Atari not in hardware business anymore, no point. Future market success lies in software, not hardware.

PC-style consoles always fail?!? What do you think the Xbox and Xbox 360 are?!? Or are they both considered failures?

• Like 1

I spend more time writing posts in these forums1 than that guy spent writing that petition.

1Except for this post because I've already spent enough time in this thread.

Edited by Emehr

PC-style consoles always fail?!? What do you think the Xbox and Xbox 360 are?!? Or are they both considered failures?

They're not failures at all. They also bear almost no resemblance to a PC architecture, i.e. they are not open hardware platforms.

Put another way: the more randomly configurable a console is, the less support developers are willing to give to all possible combinations of the hardware. Having locked down memory size, cpu, and graphics is a good thing for console development, not a bad thing. Expandable features historically do nothing to help the platform, and ultimately dilute it. Simple example: Sega CD+32x = fail. Great hardware, amusing to stack them up on top of each other, not appealing in the least from a developer's standpoint.