IGNORED

S-video / composite video board for Atari 7800

grips03

I just finished up installing the Atari 7800 S-Video, Composite and Audio (Mono) mod board from

http://www.electronicsentimentalities.com

S-video picture is very good after I put a SPST switch on the TIA line in order to remove the wavy lines in 7800 mode. I would recommend using stranded wire - not solid core. I mounted ports on the left hand side, facing down. The old RF cable makes are great audio cable as it short enough to not cause the 7800 to be propped up due to down facing RCA ports. Since my S-video port is all the way in the back it also has enough clearance too.

Now I just need to get a 2600 / 7800 sticker to label the switch.

This makes the 7800 so much more enjoyable.

Did you have to do away with RF completely to install this mod?

I didn't do the Longhorn mod, but I removed the RF for my composite mod (the instructions had me disabling it, so it wouldn't have worked).

While that's a great location for the jacks (where the RF was), it wasn't easy removing the solder holding in the RF casing.

It was the most time consuming part of the whole install..

But in the end, I'm glad I did it...

desiv

(Actually, the trickiest part is that I didn't notice that one of my RCA jacks is RIGHT over one of the case screws. My RCA jacks are currently just attacked to a floating piece of plastic, that actually kind of "snaps" into place and holds pretty good. But, I need to re-do that spot.)