IGNORED

Any word on a definitive 5200 AV mod?

82atari5200

Just asking because my 8bit domain mod finally bit the dust. I've made the ones described in the 5200 faq but they always seem slightly off. Managed to find a good one for my Famicom and dying to fire my 5200 up for Christmas. It will 30 years ago that I got my 5200 and I've neglected it lately... :( Still haven't played Sinistar that I got a couple of years ago...

I don't know that they're definitive, but AtariAge user low_budget makes good video mods for 5200's and A8s. Here's one of his threads. He's been making incremental improvements to his boards, but the revision I tested earlier this year seemed just fine to me.

Sometimes when I really want to get into the moment I'll put on some Thriller or The Police and fire up the 5200. Usually it's not too bad. I still have CRT's The only system I can't stand to play without the av mod is the 7800. That has got to be the worst rf interference in history. But the monitors I use to play games on are old sony triniton studio monitors that can display every signal but they lack a tuner. That's why I was looking for something better for my 5200

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I dont mind losing the rf since i have a few of each system. its so much easier to hook up with composite. I think i want to mod my vader... hope noboby out there mods their heavy sixers !

Why is that? ... I was fixing to mod mine I prefer playing on the six rather than the 4