IGNORED

ULTRASATAN

lotharek

ACSI can much more than some DOCs say - top speed is 2MB/sec. In Atari ST Profibuch stays 8Mb/sec=1MB/sec. In some Atari DOCs stays 1.25 MB/sec. For instance ICD Link2 adapters can about 1.8 MB/sec.

I measured highest speed of 1.25 MB/sec with UltraSatan - it depends most from used SD card. And actually, it must be not with fastest SD cards. Even cheaper SD cards can over 1MB/sec on UltraSatan. All it seems as matter of luck. Don't forget that those high-speed SD cards can over 20MB/sec - I measured exacty so much with average Sandisk 4GB card.

Yeah those cheap Norsent cards I linked to early in the thread get over 1mb/sec with Usatan.

As we found out, anyone with an STe wanting to run the cool DRONE demo needs a card getting maybe 800K or better..

With a card I was getting around 600K the demo bombed every time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else didn't receive their unit in the mail, and if so, what did you do to help track it down?

I'm feeling pretty frustrated I didn't get my package yet, and am looking for tips on how to track it down.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else didn't receive their unit in the mail, and if so, what did you do to help track it down?

I'm feeling pretty frustrated I didn't get my package yet, and am looking for tips on how to track it down.

Thanks.

I haven't received mine yet either. But Lotharek says be patient, mail is slow. So I wait. Lotharek will give you a tracking number if you ask for it.

Wow, never had anything from Lotharek take that long. I've ordered 9 or so packages from him. Last thing I ordered was SIO2SD cased and it took about 7 business days. Something is definitely wrong with your order. Maybe got pulled aside in customs?

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame

I agree. My Ultrasatan delivered to the US in under 2 Weeks and my recently ordered HxC delivered in 7-8 business days via USPS. DHL seems like it sucks. I wonder if they are holding up lunar7s package too?

Edited by TommyIII

I wonder if a package named "ultrasatan" somehow is more likely to get flagged by customs. As I've ordered other things from Lotharek with reasonable shipping times.

It is frustrating to wait.

Lotharek doesn't put the name "UltraSatan" or anything like it on the packaging. It may just be bad luck. I've ordered computer parts and also regular books within my own country and had them delay so long (like a month or more after expected delivery date) that the company re-shipped a replacement order and wrote the original shipment off as lost (and they file a claim to recover funds or whatever). It can happen with anything. Sorry to hear about your misfortune!

I ordered another product from Lotharek at the same time as the Ultrasatan. When he shipped it it took about 2 weeks IIRC.

Emailed him a couple weeks ago and he said it looks like it is just stuck in customs. He said it is not unheard of it taking as long as 2 months to get to North America (I'm in Canada) because of customs.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Hi Everyone.

Just a short story about users/postages.

ONE CUSTOMER ordered 2 floppy emulators from me at 28.02.2013

I post items few days later.

3 weeks later customers writes mail - NO PARCEL RECEIVED.

So, I made claim at post office and POSTED AGAIN

2 weeks later he received second parcel and I got confirmation for USA POST that first parcel was also delivered.

conclusion :

I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPOSNIBILITY for chepeast postage You choose at my shop, Please choose SAFE and EXPRESS POSTAGE to USA/CANADA.

Also, I`d like to inform that this guy is one of forum collegues, what makes more sad...

Edited by lotharek

I had something happen with an Apple II cable sent to me from Bulgaria. After two months the seller filed a claim with post and returned my money.

She told me even if it shows up don't worry about it because the claim will pay her. Of course this was for only a $18 cable.

It did show up eventually, after another 3 weeks.

forgot: doesn`t want to make return nor pay....

Name and shame him, that's really low - who ever it is they are simply immoral. Lotharek doesn't make massive profit on these, hell I couldn't even buy the components for the cost he sells them assembled.

procedure:

- You buy and select economy postage - no insurance

- after 20 work days- parcel do not arrive

- You mail me "LOTHAREK, my device is lost"

- i start clam

- post office has 5-9 weeks to respond

I used to send second parcel to make customer happy.....but have been cheated 10 times more than number of REALLY LOST PARCELS

I have sent approx 5000 parcels since 2010 - and only 2 !!! TWO !! were really lost

22 claims ( 15 USA, 5CANADA, 2 EU) and 20 of them were delivered after 7-9 weeks becasue fo CUSTOMS.

What customs do ?

it is simple.

• I send parcel - it gets sort ot number for tracking
  • Parcel leaves POLAND
  • Parcel enters destination country
  • NOW - if it got stuck in CUSTOMS will NOT BE TRACKABLE in destination country post system
  • if customs let it through - it is TRACKABLE and no problem

CUSTOMS may take even 3 months --- examples from past 3 months -- TJLAZER (USA), Kieran ( i forgot AAge login- Canada - 2 months..)

So, when choosing cheapest postage i can offer, please be prepared that customs MAY and probably WILL MAKE waiting much longer.

Please, share Your experiences - especially guys from USA or Canada - how long have You been waiting for parcel after my confirmation mail ?