IGNORED

Original releases

Andre81

Thanks for the screenshots. Have you actually a cartridge or box with a copyright from 1984 or 1986?

http://www.atariage.com/system_items.html?SystemID=7800&ItemTypeID=BOX

The above link will take you to box scans...You have to understand that had the 7800 been officially released in 1984 as planned then the boxes would have noted a 1984 copyright. However since the original pack of games were not released in 1984 but at a later date putting a copyright of 1984 would have been silly. Copyrights are renewed every year of a printing...for example..a book,,,a book has the original copyright year of its first printing...not when it was written..although there are cases where the book was written and printed the same year...then each subsequent print reflect a copyright for that year. I will not go into the copyright laws here in detail..you can google that.

And no I do not have any boxes personally...I use emulators. Reason being is that my 7800 console had a penchant for eating through voltage regulators..and that was back in the late 80s early 90s..I no longer have any physical carts or console.

I just uploaded some '84 and '86 material to my web site. http://www.atari7800.org/museum.htm

1984 releases

Centipede

Dig Dug

Joust

Ms Pac Man

Pole Position 2

All but Pole Position 2 were very limited.

1986 releases

Asteroids

Centipede

Dig Dug

Food Fight

Galaga

Joust

Ms Pac Man

Pole Position 2

Robotron 2084

Xevious

The 1986 releases are most noticeable for having the 2600 style dustcovers. The 1984, 1987 and all later releases used the cart shells without a dust cover and with cutouts in the front upper two corners.

Mitch