IGNORED

Desert Falcon on Expert setting

NIKON

I would like your opinion on the following two videos. Is 1 million points really possible at expert difficulty???

Why point pushing on expert setting wont work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4LBpFXvWq8&feature=youtu.be

A run to the Sphinx on starting level expert setting... please note that @ 4:08 I get a speed up and please note how much of the level I skip over. Also note that each level in this game gets longer and longeras you progress from level to level.

I end up with a score of 86,110 with the Base Value of 791 (be aware that the Base Value maxes out at 999)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X04SCZc7bw&feature=youtu.be

I am using the EMU7800 emulator since I am unable to get true two button support to work on my other emulators.

Today I received my Desert Falcon Cartridge :thumbsup: We're playing this game on the 7800 HSC, I ordered the cart in the beginning of the round but just now (3 days to go) I got it.

So tomorrow I'm gonna play this game until I reach all my limits. I'll try it on real hardware and on emulation.

Excellent...this is truly a gem. an Atari original.

Have fun!!!

<p>So today I've done some desert experiments!

And yes, it is possible to reach 1 million in the 4th desert (the black one)

But, please, note this is only some gaming experiments to answer the thread question! You never should do it in real contests. I'm not endorsing any program or special technic. I deleted the video bc I don't want to facilitate cheating.

If it's points you're going for, the last thing you want is to move forward. Basically you end up finding well defended locations and move sloowly forward. Of course no location is completely safe, and every time you have to step left/right you end up advancing slightly so you'll eventually have to move from it. But so long as you can keep getting your 10k free man faster than you lose it, you can pretty much keep going until you eventually hit the boss.

Also, so long as you know how to fight the enemies, you'll find the free men roll in faster than the lower difficulty stages simply because there's a lot more enemies to shoot down. I posted my own tips for the game in the HSC just a little while ago. Things that helped me last time we played the game there.