IGNORED

Commando Rocks!

Atari the Jedi

So I went ahead and bought a 7800 with a few games and I got to tell you I was really impressed with commando! I paid good money for everything really good money. Originally when the 7000 came out I had moved over the Nintendo chiefly because my parents had bought it for Christmas. So I had grown up with Nintendo's commando which I did like . Now I seem to prefer the 7800 for some odd reason. Question is are there any other games like commando on the 7800?

Ikari Warriors rocks too, though I never played anything but the arcade version and then 7800.

Double Dragon is pretty good, but I think it's harder than the arcade, but at the same time, there are some tricks you can use like moving to a corner and waiting for the enemy to come to you and your can elbow them over and over and pretty much get through the whole game like that.

There are a lot of other 7800 titles that may suprise you as well, and then there are a lot of arcade classics that had been done on the 2600 and 5200 and contemporaries, good versions, but not "next-gen" for their time. There are some really good games that are rare that were the last to come out for the 7800 too. Check out the libary here on AA.

I liked IKARI well enough, but COMMANDO felt so much more polished for me. Of the 'arcade' titles at the time, it was by far my fav.

Of the others (IMO):

- Double Dragon was missing too many arcade elements and the graphics could have been much better

- Rampage was too repetitive (common problem) and the graphics were too simple ... way, way way too simple

- Xenophobe looked cool and was fun for a while in two player mode, but lacked an ending and got repetitive

- Kung Fu Master looked cool but I found it too hard

- Klax (which was located and released later) was nice enough. Sound was pretty non-descript but it was fun.