IGNORED

Ebay sucks royally

Philflound

I've been selling on Ebay for over 14 years now, and have had a paypal account probably for 11-12 years. As some of you know from reading my posts, I don't have a full time job. I got rid of my checking account with Capital One last June because they wanted to start charging me for it because I couldn't maintain $300 in it or have direct deposit. No job = no direct deposit.

So I closed my checking account.

I've found a new site called Ecrater, which charges NOTHING for listing and NOTHING for selling. The only fees I pay are with paypal. Anyway, I sold something and couldn't find it. I tried to refund the money to person. Thing is, the person was from the UK and paid in Pounds. Since I didn't have Pounds in my account, it tried to access my checking account. They couldn't get anything from my checking account because it didn't exist anymore.

So they put me on a sending limit. This means I could only send $500 and no more. Don't think there is a time either, just $500. Thing is I paid Ebay and so reached my limit. I can use my debit/credit card and deduct from my paypal account. But I can't pay for a cheesy auction I won. I have a few hundred in my paypal, but can't pay $14 for the auction.

So they're forcing me to get a credit card from paypal since I don't own a credit card. That's alright, but the fact that they can't verify me on the spot blows. I now have to wait for my card to arrive to activate it, to lift my limit, and finally be able to pay for auctions I win. Thing is, what will the person think whom I won this auction from for $14? I asked to pay with a money order, and we'll see what answer I get.

Ever since Ebay took over paypal, paypal has gone downhill. I say the same with Chase bank acquiring Washington Mutual. When that happened, they "chased" me away. Once again, forcing me to close a checking account. I closed 2 checking accounts in 2 years because of the whole fee thing for an account.

Phil

My bank too wants a min balance or a min $100 direct deposit each month or they charge that fee.

But there is a way to get around that and I've been doing it a year now with no problems :)

1) you need $100 that you can live without and not count in your monthly budget.

2) after the middle of the month, transfer $100 from your Checking account to your PayPal account

3) in the first week of the month, transfer $100 from your PayPal account to your Checking account

4) repeat each month

This way you have that min $100 direct deposit and they can't charge a fee :)

I feel ya on ebay suckage. I have a case right now where one of my buyers told me that a battery I sold "won't hold a charge" and "they'll be sending it back," but they decided to wait until after the 14 day warranty expired to send it. I honestly thought she wasn't going to send it back at all until I got a message with horrid English and some excuse why it wasn't sent yet. I reminded her that the warranty period was now expired but if I got the battery back by Friday I'd refund her money. I also reported that buyer just in case she decides to open a claim or leave negative feedback.

I had another potential buyer demand that I test an item again that was listed as "For parts or not working" with no warranty at all.

I'm finding out that there are quite a few buyers out there who represent the absolute butt of humanity.

Edited by shadow460

Speaking of chase bank. I just bought a new car like 3 weeks ago and my loan was through chase. (mazda uses them). I was appoved on the spot and got the car for 60 months 0%. I just got a letter in saying they are unable to offer me credit on the terms I requested. The counter offer 72 months? I mean wtf people. Now I have to go see what is going on since I have a signed contract already.

I may just say fine whatever to 72 months if it is at 0% just to make it go easy, but if they try and charge me a percent we gonna have problems. I liked seeing my credit score though 827 :)

Two words: Credit unions.

Yea my bank is a credit union and I never have any problems. I get free debit card w/unlimited use and they only require $25 in a savings account. I don't think my checking has a min, if it does it is $25.

I recently went searching for a new bank (closer) and they all suck, w/fees and crap.

Ebay sucks, but it's a necessary evil, for collectors of vintage (you-fill-the-blank).

All the fees from banks are the fallout from stuff like Dodd-Frank. Banks used to rake in lucrative profits from irresponsible people, and the fees that they incurred. Once the new laws limited that, the greedy banks turned elsewhere (to responsible people) to replace the revenue. Irresponsible people used to generate huge profits for banks, and responsible people got a bit of a ride (sort of like a "reward" for responsibility). Now everybody pays, and there's no reward for good behavior!

I was using ING Direct for a savings account online, but they got bought by Capital One, I believe. Soon as I get my act together, I'm closing that puppy and putting what I had in an account with my Credit Union, even if the rate is slightly lower.

I called customer service to get help logging in at ING, and they (no surprise) tried to hook me into some "Black Friday" sales of various banking products. Good-bye losers! Damned large banks.

Speaking of chase bank. I just bought a new car like 3 weeks ago and my loan was through chase. (mazda uses them). I was appoved on the spot and got the car for 60 months 0%. I just got a letter in saying they are unable to offer me credit on the terms I requested. The counter offer 72 months? I mean wtf people. Now I have to go see what is going on since I have a signed contract already.

I may just say fine whatever to 72 months if it is at 0% just to make it go easy, but if they try and charge me a percent we gonna have problems. I liked seeing my credit score though 827 :)

Yeah, same thing happened to me (through Chevrolet) - The deal for a 2010 Blazer looked too good to be true (my credit score isn't as good as yours) so I went to Acura to see what they said as they had a 2006 Limited Mitsubshi Montero that would fit my large family. Acuratold me that I could only get XX amount of months at XX percentage rate and anything better than that was someone pulling my leg because my credit score was XXX (which I already knew). They told me to be careful because sometimes even after a contract is signed the dealership will come back and tell you that they couldn't get you approved at the interest rate you signed for because the bank backed out so they have to give you 72 months at 5% interest or some crap like that. Needless to say, Chevrolet kept calling me all day asking me "what do they need to do to make the deal happen" and I told them to give me a better trade in on my two other cars and lower the price on the Blazer. They said "no" and what do you know - a week later I received a letter from the bank that Chevrolet was using telling me that the % rate and months they previously told me was "locked in" certainly was not and they could not approve me at the previously quoted terms. Sorry for writing a novel but I just wanted you to know that you are not alone and hopefully your situation will turn out OK. Good luck - give 'em Hell!