IGNORED

Competition Pro Joystick Repair - Correct Microswitch?

What's the part number of the original switch? That should allow you to look up its specifications.

"Yueqing Zhongma" on one side of the switch and

15 A 250 V AC µ

6 A 125 V AC

on another side.

No more info available.

I am 99%sure it is this one

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1255735067/2013_new_products_ZW7_0C_for.html

Edited by SignorSensible

That one claims a force of 1.3±0.5N. That's really not an ideal joystick switch, but they were probably cheap. I've replaced many microswitches which were the wrong kind and has oxidized contacts. Sometimes I open them, lightly sand the contacts with 1000 grit paper and put a coat of synthetic grease on them. Anyway, if the joystick has its own centering mechanism then the switch can be of a lesser force.

The problem is that the original force 1.3±0.5N is actuating force and those Omron's force numbers (25g, 50g) are operating force.

When checking specs of the ones with the same force, they look identical

http://cz.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Omron-Electronics/VX-01-1C22/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMumBvQ1hY%2ffBYRlS9EU7qn0s3R42So6aTk%3d

http://cz.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Omron-Electronics/VX-01-1A2/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMumBvQ1hY%2ffBYRlS9EU7qn0UZIpTrC3LHM%3d

just the price makes difference LOL

Yes, the original ones are probably cheap garbage, no wonder people complain so much about the quality of this joystick.

1 Newton is about equal to 102 g. The main difference is the Newton is measurement of force and grams are mass. When converting between the two you typically apply the effect of gravity to the mass. Anyway, that places the original at 133g of force. You can test this by placing some weight on the actuator.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeppex83!

I did, bought those "standards" v-16-1c5 (omron) and swapped the original garbage ones. Joystick works now few days in a row without a problem :)

I think any switches from reliable manufacturer will work well, those high-quality ones are good mainly for arcade sticks and people who play fighters and need the best quality for combos and such.