IGNORED

Klax

Stun Runner 87

Thank you......I notice that site also has Gato, Save Mary, Combat 1990, and Sentinel.....I smell smoke coming from the fire about to burn in my pocket....LoL................I wonder how awful the 7800 version of pitfighter is, LoL.

I appreciate the info, but for some reason I think id feel guilty if I bought them from that site because I want to be loyal to Atariage.........Purhaps someday Al will put those games up too if I wait patiently.

Edited by Stun Runner 87

I wonder how awful the 7800 version of pitfighter is, LoL.

It's unplayable. Literally. Gato and Pitfighter apparently were both cancelled pretty early in their development, and the prototypes available are barely more than graphics demos.

I appreciate the info, but for some reason I think id feel guilty if I bought them from that site because I want to be loyal to Atariage.........Purhaps someday Al will put those games up too if I wait patiently.

AtariAge and the current incarnation of the Atari corporation have had some minor skirmishes in the past, and I suspect that makes Albert hesitant to offer any Atari properties, even unreleased properties, up for sale. Assuming that's correct, Klax, Gato and Pitfighter are all out. Other forum members here might be willing to put together cartridges for you on the side, but you would have to work that out privately.

Edited by FujiSkunk
  • Like 1

It's unplayable. Literally. Gato and Pitfighter apparently were both cancelled pretty early in their development, and the prototypes available are barely more than graphics demos.

AtariAge and the current incarnation of the Atari corporation have had some minor skirmishes in the past, and I suspect that makes Albert hesitant to offer any Atari properties, even unreleased properties, up for sale. Assuming that's correct, Klax, Gato and Pitfighter are all out. Other forum members here might be willing to put together cartridges for you on the side, but you would have to work that out privately.

Thanks.....I read about Gato and Pitfighter not being playable so I don't want them anyway.........But Klax and Sentinel are 2 games id love to add to my collection.

Edited by Stun Runner 87

how awful the 7800 version of pitfighter is, LoL.

There's no sound, no real collision detection and all you can really do is a walk around a screen of what looks like semi-place holder graphics. The characters are pretty big for an 8bit system though

post-1046-0-98397700-1355435932_thumb.jpg

Edited by DracIsBack
  • Like 2

There's no sound, no real collision detection and all you can really do is a walk around a screen of what looks like semi-place holder graphics. The characters are pretty big for an 8bit system though

LoL, I think ill stick to playin Pit Fighter on my Atari Lynx.......The Lynx made a great port of that game. :)

Athough I must admit that the graphics look better than I thought for the 7800 according to the picture you just posted.

Edited by Stun Runner 87

LoL, I think ill stick to playin Pit Fighter on my Atari Lynx.......The Lynx made a great port of that game. :)

Athough I must admit that the graphics look better than I thought for the 7800 according to the picture you just posted.

The Lynx port is decent. If I remember right, at the very tail end of the Lynx's life (when I had one) EB Games had a bundle where you got the Lynx with a few games (Pit Fighter, Checkered Flag, Elvira and Shadow Of The Beast) for a good price.

I didn't play Pit Fighter that much, but I think it was more a case that I wasn't big into Pit Fighter the game vs. the quality of this port.

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno...there must be something hard-coded to only work specifically with the ProLines. Both buttons work, and they both do the exact same thing. With the CX-40, though, you can't get ANYWHERE past the intro screen, which requires a press of the button -- and BOTH ProLine buttons will get you past that screen....weird. I know it's not my CX-40 because 1) the button works fine on everything else, and 2) whoever sold it to me (I THINK I got it from gooddealgames but I might be wrong) did confirm with me that you do need the ProLine controller to use it.

I dunno...there must be something hard-coded to only work specifically with the ProLines. Both buttons work, and they both do the exact same thing. With the CX-40, though, you can't get ANYWHERE past the intro screen, which requires a press of the button -- and BOTH ProLine buttons will get you past that screen....weird. I know it's not my CX-40 because 1) the button works fine on everything else, and 2) whoever sold it to me (I THINK I got it from gooddealgames but I might be wrong) did confirm with me that you do need the ProLine controller to use it.

If I remember my 7800 hardware correctly, each button on the two-button controllers and the button on the single-button controller all have a unique signal. The standard 7800 controllers are wired so that each button sends both its own signal and the single-button signal, making those controller backwards compatible with 2600 games. Additionally, 7800 games can be programmed to change the controller mapping if a single-button controller is detected. I believe all of the "original ten" games have this feature, but for whatever reason KLAX and doesn't. Perhaps that was going to be added in for the game's release, had it not been cancelled.